Sign in to follow this  
Creepn Death

Weapon Loading/ Weapons Pack issue?....

Is there anyone out there that knows how to fix issues within WOE when it comes to weapon packs and their use? I put in Bunyap's weapon pack, usually not an issue, but I for some reason now have one. I have the newest update on WOE and for some reason, even after putting the pack in I cannot access/load the newer weapons on A/C. Have already visited the knowledge base, no help there. Deleted the .DAT file that the weapons editor was creating, that was PART of the issue. The DAT file was causing NO weapons to be available. This is a clean install and I've been through this SOOOOOO many times but never had this one. I've scoured the files to hopefully find a small file that is creating the issue but have not found anything. The stock weapons are available, but NONE of the Bunyap weapons pack weps are available for use. Have check the entries and everything points to them being available, but no go. Someone PLEASE help. Thanks.

Chris "Creepn Death" Huber

Read this thread throughly. I suspect you are having the exact same problem.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=33837

FastCargo

FC, thanks for the reply. I read the post. Similar issue. I had all the defaults disappear also after an edit. I found after some searching that deleting the .DAT file that's created after a save fixed it, but only somewhat. The stock stuff is still all showing up, but none of the weapons pack weps are showing. I've updated the Weps editor AND the game to the most current versions that I could find and the issue still persists. From what I can see SOMETHING, which I have no idea what, is blocking the Weps from the weapons pack from being usable. I've even went as far as checking usable dates and the weapon stations info on many of the aircraft. Everything says I should be able to use them, but still nothing. Any ideas?

FC, thanks for the reply. I read the post. Similar issue. I had all the defaults disappear also after an edit. I found after some searching that deleting the .DAT file that's created after a save fixed it, but only somewhat. The stock stuff is still all showing up, but none of the weapons pack weps are showing. I've updated the Weps editor AND the game to the most current versions that I could find and the issue still persists. From what I can see SOMETHING, which I have no idea what, is blocking the Weps from the weapons pack from being usable. I've even went as far as checking usable dates and the weapon stations info on many of the aircraft. Everything says I should be able to use them, but still nothing. Any ideas?

OK, to all that might be having the same issue with WOE here is what for SOME odd reason worked for me. From what I've seen this adds possible fix #3. After reading FastCargo's recommended post and knowing that I'd been through all the steps but one (moving the weps editor, ini, and wepdata ini) I noticed that the second entry in the WeaponEditor.ini was for some odd reason showing a totally different drive than what was above it. I changed it, ran WOE and still had the issue. Thought, well maybe I need to go save the wepsdata.ini. Did this and like usual, deleted the .DAT file (some people had tried this and was following this wisdom). Ran WOE and still a no go. So on a hunch I went back, saved it and LEFT the .DAT file and all is good. I have NO idea why this is but maybe this will help someone else. If anyone reads this and is having the same issues follow these steps:

1. Open the WeaponEditor.ini file in notepad and make sure that both Target Directory AND the Input Directory read the same addy.

2. Open the Weapon Editor (and make sure its the most current version) and save the file.

3. LEAVE the .DAT file and run WOE. Problem should be fixed.

FastCargo and Dave, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I've been racking my brain over this for about a week now. Been doing this long enough that I thought I could handle it. Anyway, thanks again.

Chris "Creepn Death" Huber