Sign in to follow this  
Aleckx

cockpit tweaking guide

I've recently grabbed some special interest in the A-10 Thunderbolt II (aka Warthog), and wanted to do some tweaks to the cockpit like fixing the FPM and attitude indicator tape a bit higher, change some aiming simbology,and also adding a TCS like feature, i think that's the little bulb hanging from the right side of the plane near the landing gear, if any of this i'm saying it's wrong, my deepest apologies, i might need some further instruction, either way i'd thank a lot if some one of u cockpit-maker guys can redirect me to a guide or either enlighten me with your knowledge ^^

thx

Aleckx

PS:just in case i want to do this things for WOI

I think the little bulb hanging off the jet is a laser designator or some type of IR sensor/designator.

wow i really thought it was a TCS like the F-14 had really good info guys. thx a lot

but how can i make it possible to have a TCS like feature on the A-10 like the one that has the EF-2k mod?

i'd like to know cuz i can't see **** of the little trucks when fighting on jungle or forests, and it's a pain in the ass to aim at them, i have to go as low as 400 feet to be able to diferentiate between the truck and something else... :( i know the real altitude for doing what the hog does is about 1 to 4k feet @ about 250 - 300 knts i do it within those speeds, but i'm having a hard time with altitudes... (BTW i fly with hard FM, weaps, colision, landing, avionics and normal hud and padlocking[no track-IR, or the thingy for head tracking, yet], the only things i use on easy, for tests only, are ammo and fuel)

please please help me with the C-pit

The Eurofighter doesnt have a TCS either. The turret you see on the front/side of the windscreen is the PIRATE (Passive Infra-Red Airborne Track Equipment) IRST (Infrared Search and Track).

The A-10A+ and newly refurb'd A-10Cs now carry a laser targeting pod to track targets and lase a target to laser bomb employment.

Before you ask on how to do that to your A-10, the Knowledge Base section has a very detailed explanation on how to add various weapons to your aircraft. But the short side of it is to add the LP to your stations list of accepted weapons/pods. This is in the data.ini for the A-10.

Hope it helps.

-S

P.S. The A-10 carrying a full combat load tops out around 200kts. 250-300kts would be a good speed if in a dive :wink:

Edited by ST0RM

The Eurofighter doesnt have a TCS either. The turret you see on the front/side of the windscreen is the PIRATE (Passive Infra-Red Airborne Track Equipment) IRST (Infrared Search and Track).

The A-10A+ and newly refurb'd A-10Cs now carry a laser targeting pod to track targets and lase a target to laser bomb employment.

Before you ask on how to do that to your A-10, the Knowledge Base section has a very detailed explanation on how to add various weapons to your aircraft. But the short side of it is to add the LP to your stations list of accepted weapons/pods. This is in the data.ini for the A-10.

Hope it helps.

-S

P.S. The A-10 carrying a full combat load tops out around 200kts. 250-300kts would be a good speed if in a dive :wink:

'bout the PIRATE IRST i called it TCS cuz i didn't remembered the real name and it had a similar function, xD

about the weaps adding i did knew u can add a LANTIRN or any kind of laser designator to the loading options...

About the speed... Xd i mentioned i manage the speed propperly but not the heights... besides i'm colorblind, i can't see anything but a little spot on the ground and getting the gunsight over the little dot (with the current A-10 C-pit) is hard for me even using the gun view (default F3, wich zooms u to the hud) cuz the sight is very big and so are all the other things, btw i figured that if you place th sight over the target @ distances further than 0.5 nm u're gonna miss what ever u do (at least for dog fights) is there a way to calculate this distance "lead" for ground targets? it might help...

About the Knowledge DB i'll give it a look thx ^^

PS: i think u ment canopy instead of windscreen >.<, and the full load tops won't work in dive ¬¬ gravity seems to like heavy thingies. almost killed myself trying that, even with airbreakes i was over 300 knots although still under 400

Edited by Aleckx

PS: i think u ment canopy instead of windscreen >.<, and the full load tops won't work in dive ¬¬ gravity seems to like heavy thingies. almost killed myself trying that, even with airbreakes i was over 300 knots although still under 400

The separate front glass portion is called the windscreen. The bubble portion that covers the pilot/crew is the canopy. And my A-10 speed figures were based on real life, not in game. They can barely keep up with us when they are trying to take gas and carrying a full load of ordanance.

-S

P.S. Another tip is to change your settings. Try using Easy on the visual targeting. It will give you a box over what you are locked onto. Not super real, but will help.

i read the Kwnoledge Base (not all but what i'm interested) and found out the reason why i wasn't able to hit the target from a comfy distance and at 4k feet, it was the default range setting for the gun -.-, it was set on 500 units, which are equal to 0.5 nm, so i had to get that close to be able to hit it while placing the gunsight on it, increased it to 4500 units which is roughly 1.4 nm, now i can sit at 4k feet with the FPM going about 4-6 degrees downwards (not sure if those are counted negatively -1,-2 and so on) just place the big circle over the lil' red boxie and the dot in the center and pull the trigger... *brrrrrt* and *BANG!* lil' truck is no more.

thx guys! it helped a lot ^^

I'm impressed. Honestly most of the new guys who come in here wont read the KB or mod anything on their own. You did both on your first try. Well done. But watch out, modding is addictive. You tweak this, then you notice something else...

-S

here are really many new guys around... sometimes I miss some old and well known name between all those new ones... but welcome aboard

actually i've modded some things, not big but only xxx_data.ini, the only thing is that i only submitted one file (look in modern AC--> F-14-->pylons and FM fix) i have managed to understand most of the files on my own, but there still are some things i'm having troubles with. thx anyways ^^. good to be amongst u guys ^^

Edited by Aleckx

Your welcome Aleckx !

Like Jeff said, good to have someone who takes the time to read (and more importantly, understand) the KB.

It really aint that hard (rubs backhead) it's like common english Xb at least for me ^^, the only thing is that theer are few things IMO missng i'll try and contribute some of those things ^^

EDIT:

...(look in modern AC--> F-14-->pylons and FM fix)...

remind me to update this... the glove wing neutralization won't work in WOI, at least for me

Edited by Aleckx