Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Is There A Way To Reinstall Stock Aircraft?

Before I begin explaining the problem, I KNOW I should have made a backup file, but I didn't. That having been said, here is the problem.

I tried adding a file to the Beechcraft KingAir 350 but I messed things up.

Is there a way to reinstall that aircraft without doing a complete uninstall/reinstall?

I got frustrated and deleted that aircraft's directory, so I need the complete file. I know the files are on disc 1, but not sure which ones I need.

Please, anyone!

Navychief

Guest MrMudd

just reinstall. I Had to do the same. I think it even asked if it wished me to modify the broken files.

either way. by reinstalling it will only replace the original files. and leave your addons in place.

You guys: :blink: you take the cake at times. :ph34r: :blink: No need to reinstall anything, Search your disk in'explore' -- the installation disk I mean, extract the cab zip to hard disk, copy your King Air or your aircraft that is missing and paste it into your a/c folder and then delete the temporarily extracted cab files or save them CD for a future misfortune of similar type.

:o :) Pete, check your King Air folder-- you probably need a new aircraft.cfg and a new King Air. air file-- I can send those by email. If you sound folder and panel folder are full , it must be the a/c.cfg file and the xx.air file that got hurt.

Read Grumpy's help files on all this to learn how to manipulate your a/c, at simviation.com.

Email me for any help needed. :) In any case, Pete, next week I am airmailing you the CD with the add-ons and I will include the King Air for FS9 and for Fs2002 for you. So be patient. I am also sending you seven of my repaints of John Woodside's great Tiger Moth, 3 of which are in Royal Navy colors. :ph34r:

post-54-1068418265_thumb.jpg

Hey Jinks

Thanks! Unfortunately, I had already done a complete uninstall/reinstall. I am just about satisfied with things now. I plan to have mostly USN aircraft.

And THANKS for the forthcoming CDs!!!

Pete