Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMudd

Thermaling

Guest MrMudd

Not many of you know this, but I am an Avid and Competitive Glider pilot on the West Coast. I own 3 High Performance gliders and Travel during the summers to the soaring Hotspots as well as Flying in my hometown. That many european guests have stated that it clearly rivals the Swiss alps.

I have been doing Gliders in FS2002 Pro for a few years and have finaly upgraded to Fs2004. Hopefully soon FS hobbiests will make or update the fs2002 gliders for FS9-FS2004.

I have some custom thermal files for those interested in learning the art of thermaling in the comfort of your own home.

Anyways Whos up for Thermaling?

post-54-1067999286_thumb.jpg

Hey Mudd,

I flew gliders for a while too before I started flying powered. They gave me a lot of great experience that I could put to use in my flight lessons (basic airmanship, landings, etc.), so much so that I was able to greatly shorten the time to earning my PPL. I have gliders (and my great instructors) to thank for introducing me to flight. Flew at Harris Hill for the Snowbird contest (spot landing) a few years, had a great time.