Sign in to follow this  
eagleyang

Strange clouds yesterday,help me!

Yesterday evening , I saw some really strange clouds in the sky,it really scared me ,anyone know what it is? :dntknw: [date:08.11.20 5:30 p.m; place: wuhan,china]

post-37888-1227262875_thumb.jpg

post-37888-1227262892_thumb.jpg

post-37888-1227262940_thumb.jpg

post-37888-1227263082_thumb.jpg

Edited by eagleyang

Huh... Some very HUGE cloud. But color or whatever does not seems too strange, I guess you don't have much to fear. Do you live near some factory/power plant?

no, but the clouds seems to stretch for hundreds of kilometers,and form a straight line, is it earthquake cloud?

A weather front moving in. Low pressure to high pressure. Warmer air to cooler air maybe from the sun setting or rising. Look on your local doppler radar... if you have it. It may look straight from your perspective but may extend for 20 to 100 miles in either direction. The only signal of concern to you might be a change in the type of clothing to keep you warm or dry.

Your still here now dont be scared of the clouds. Its the lightning, and hail that will get you.

Have to agree with Roopod, looks like low pressure to high pressure. Whenever you see the line with triangles or half circles on your weather report, it is generally going to look like that. I see them all the time here in the great state of Maine, the saying goes, if you dont like the weather, wait ten minutes.

Are you in China? Isn´t it the Wall?

The theory of pressure seems to make sense,but what worries me is the rumor of coming earthquake .There is a inofficial method to predict the earthquake in near future by watching so called " earthquake cloud". You can check the website earthquake cloud to know more. By the way, I have never seen such a "great wall" before...

Edited by eagleyang

Its not a wall, its a flat layer. You see it from partially on edge, so it extends into the distance. I used to be a weather watcher in Mississippie. Saw millions em, and never an earthquake.

If you are a cloud Newbie, czech out a good picture website with nice descriptions. To get the next page, click NEXT.

~> http://www.chitambo.com/clouds/cloudshtml/humilis.html

When you really *look* at these, and see them in your sky, and learn what they ARE like every trained pilot must to survive flying, you see combat flight sim environment modelling is still very primitive compared to the ground warfare environment modelled in ground combat games, and when you see these pics, you can see one reason the barren air war environment of combat flight sims are not very successful in the larger computer war game market.

Earthquake struck!

time: 16:01 ,08-11-22

place: 110.8 W Long.\31.0 N Lat. 秭归[zigui] in hubei province [capital:wuhan]

strength:M4.1

Depth to surface :7.5 Km

I seriously wonder whether the strange cloud has shown a sign of it ?

post-37888-1227407462_thumb.jpg

post-37888-1227407476_thumb.jpg

Have to say, strange coincidence (spelling?), who knows?

Wow, most interesting. But earthquakes are becoming more common, or so I hear.

eagle::

So, you mean the kind of cloud is called :Cumulonimbus capillatus ? (look pretty much alike)

The pics show thunderstorm tops, they grow out from BIG cloud tops, and the flat tops are made of ice crytals. Very high at about 10 kilometers.

What you saw is flat layer of water clouds, a bit lower.

It's not that they're coming more often, it's that with modern sensors and communication we're just aware of them all now while in the past only locals would feel many of them.

The "big ones" are still just as rare.

Earthquake clouds? I can understand that enough atmospheric pressure can touch off a hair trigger tectonic plate movement. The amount of water in large clouds can be impressive. Tornados and sheering winds just some examples. These changing pressures on the earth's surface can be seen everywhere as well as wave action. The relationship with earthquakes is a new one to me though. Thanks for the new perspective to ponder on. Sort of like a huge ekranoplane, right?