Sign in to follow this  
i90807065

Personal Super Computers!

I just got this in my email

http://www.nvidia.com/object/personal_supercomputing.html

http://www.tycrid.com/?page_id=85

This is insane! I didnt know tech was this good! One thing im trying to figure out though, is how good these would be for gaming? Either way, this is sweet! it could be even more awesome with Dave's new screen :ok:

Just felt I should let people know.

SLI motherboards, 4 GPUs, 8gb of memory? HOLY ****!! Hello crysis maxed at 100fps

Talk about power, you could have every game you got on at the same time with raesonable FPS (depends on person and number of games)

what the hell is a "teraflop"? i swear they are just making up words now to look even more impressive

what the hell is a "teraflop"? i swear they are just making up words now to look even more impressive

Flop, as described by Wikipedia: Failure (fail, phail or flop) in general refers to the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective. It may be viewed as the opposite of success. Product failure ranges from failure to sell the product to fracture of the product, in the worst cases leading to personal injury, the province of forensic engineering.

So, if that's just one flop, then if Kiloflop is 1000 flops, mega is 1000-kilo flops, giga is 1000 mega flops, tera is 1000 giga flops... That's a very large amount of mistakes right there!!! :rofl:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

FLOPS is FLoating point Operations Per Second. A teraFLOPS is One Trillion Floating-point Operations/Second. In other words, that sucker can calculate lots of stuff really friggin' fast.

An ATI 4850 HD GPU can do 1 TeraFLOPS, a 4850X2 can do 2.4.

Edited by Caesar

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? :shok:

I thought quad-core and dual quad-core PCs were a tad overkill... Almost makes you wonder how high one of those would raise one's energy bill...

Ah, but is it personal (desktop) sized?

Me no think so :no: haha

FLOPS is FLoating point Operations Per Second. A teraFLOPS is One Trillion Floating-point Operations/Second. In other words, that sucker can calculate lots of stuff really friggin' fast.

An ATI 4850 HD GPU can do 1 TeraFLOPS, a 4850X2 can do 2.4.

I knew that. I was just posting the pessimistic meaning of the word Flop. Never forget: "To err is human - to really screw things up you need a computer!!!" Guess you didn't get the irony... :rolleyes:

Therefore:

Mega-flop: a 1000-kilo mistake. Very heavy.

Giga-flop: 1000 Mega-flops. Very, very, very heavy mistakes.

Tera-flop: :swoon:

:tomato2: :rofl:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

"Hi, I'm a Mac."

"And I'm a personal supercomputer. I've already done more work since this commercial started than you can do in a year, so shut up and go away."

The electric bill would be slightly higher too.But,if you can afford $9000 for a computer,Who cares?

The electric bill would be slightly higher too.But,if you can afford $9000 for a computer,Who cares?

You know, i'm really interested how much that thing eats...

You know, i'm really interested how much that thing eats...

you won't need a furnace - and your heating bill will be nil......

:yikes:

"Hi, I'm a Mac."

"And I'm a personal supercomputer. I've already done more work since this commercial started than you can do in a year, so shut up and go away."

That's good, that actually made me LOL

I just built a supercomputer on Colfax Int'l website, 16GB of RAM, about 3TB of HD space, and all graphics cards, came out to about 11-12k

Edited by AOCbravo2004