Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Xbox360

Fellas. My fan comes on and stays on my 360. It never shuts off. It plays fine but sould the fan be on that intensly and loud.

Fellas. My fan comes on and stays on my 360. It never shuts off. It plays fine but sould the fan be on that intensly and loud.

Dave,

Mine was doing that a lot, so I bought a cooling fan for it for about 20 bucks. This is what I bought:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/703/703791p1.html

It cut the noise and workload of the Xbox down significantly.

Dave,

Mine was doing that a lot, so I bought a cooling fan for it for about 20 bucks. This is what I bought:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/703/703791p1.html

It cut the noise and workload of the Xbox down significantly.

May have to get one of those but still would like to know why it all of a sudden starting doing that.

have u buy your before or after the 3RL problem?

Some here in Brazil had this problem, but some time after they died by overheat.

Edited by Silverbolt

How is it sitting and what is it sitting on? I had to send mine back twice after RRoD until I figured out that you can't have it on carpet and you can't have it standing on end.

How is it sitting and what is it sitting on? I had to send mine back twice after RRoD until I figured out that you can't have it on carpet and you can't have it standing on end.

JM

No dust build up.

malibu43

I have it sitting on its side on a coffee table. You can see it in this pic.

JM

No dust build up.

malibu43

I have it sitting on its side on a coffee table. You can see it in this pic.

Right. That's how mine was. If I remember right (I'm not at home right now), the intake for cooling air is on the side that you have on the bottom right now. I got mine off the carpet, laid it down flat, and put a fan blowing cool air into that intake, and I haven't had any problems since.

I've also heard that flat is the best way as far as cooling. You have some limited space there, unfortunately. I have mine flat next to the 5.1 system and the wife's Wii on top of my old-style 65" CRT projector set, that has plenty of real estate up there. :grin:

I moved the TV back and laid it flat. I for a fan for it now too. We shall see. I never play my 360. I got some games for my son for Christmas so now it will get used. I just don't want it to crap out on him. That thing has been used for playing DVD's than games.