Sign in to follow this  
Bananimal

Rescaled Green Hell 2 Trees.rar

Rescaled Green Hell 2 Trees.rar

This is a texture modification of CA_Stary's Green Hell 2 mod for WOV/WOE. In order to use this mod you must have Brian32's WOV terrain repaint and CA_Stary's Green Hell 2 installed.

I have rescaled the trees to a more realistic size. The benefits of doing this are tremendous. First, weapons delivery feels more natural because you are able to judge speed and distance more accurately. Secondly, flying NAP of the earth is more realistic as the illusion of speed has increased.

I have also included a new Viewlist.ini file which is optional. If you haven't used my other viewlist.ini mod you might want to try this one. It allows you to zoom in and out in external and flyby view as well as a new tower view. It is inlcuded because the FOV for external view has been set to 180 degrees for a more realistic experience when buzzing the trees in this mod. Also the FOV for the cockpit has been set to 85 degrees. Please read the Install.txt for directions of use.

Cheers,

Bananimal

webaccount@alltel.net

I dont know what but your viewlist just upped my FPS!In WOI.

Not sure what the cause could be. Suffice it to say that the included viewlist.ini has been a work in progress for quite some time. If a view needed a tweak then I go in and tweak it. I like it myself and couldn't enjoy the external views half as much as I do with the modded ini. The flyby's are awesome.

Edited by Bananimal

Not to belabor the secondary offer from this download, but is this the viewlist that also has a rotatable F9-weapons view?

If so, it is exceptional. Just installed it in my new SF-Platinum, all jet sim, install and it is excellent...

:good:

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work without the "white outlines" you were talking about. MipMap=true or =false, they're still there, and like you said, much more noticeable than before.

If I can get that straightened out, I'll D/L for sure!

Getting rid of the white background & replacing it with a similar shade of green has cured all the white outlines for me.... :wink:

btw....nice job. :good:

Alright, well it seems that Photoshop 7.0 has a bug that renders alpha pixels near the edge of an object white no matter what you do. This is why the issue got worse when I rescaled the trees. Here's a neat little tool that worked for me. It removed 99% of the white edges. Some still appear but I think that is game engine related. Just launch the app, drag the 2 files in my download onto this app and you are fixed. Make sure you turn Mipmaps on in your terraindata.ini file if you turned mipmappng off. http://www.flipcode.com/archives/Photoshop...Alpha_Fix.shtml

I tried creating the images with a similar color background. Photoshop hosed them. No only that, there is an issue that has surfaced since the whities are gone. There seems to be some leftover border material or something on the transparent layer. I've tried erasing, creating new TGA base file. In short, I've tried everything I know how to and I can't make them go away. Maybe was an issue on the original files. I don't know. I'll be trying to resolve it so look for a version 1.1 soon.

:good:

The new Viewlistini is great!

Like the new flybys.

Thank you...