Sign in to follow this  

I would be interessted to hear just how realistic the

effects/sights are in Lo-Mac compared to the real thing.

I have found approach speeds from other sim's to be very high when veiwed from front cockpit veiw and cannot beleive this to be realistic.

When I was in the co-pilot chair of a small single engine

plane years ago I remember it being much slower, is this just due to the wider view angles in real life, the same is true of car racing games on the monitor, seems much faster than looking through a real windshield.

;)

Big difference between a Cessna which lands at around 50-60kts and a 30,000lbs F15 landing at 130-140kts. :)

Just the fact that your flying a jet vs a Prop means your approach speeds will be higher, but weight is just as important.

I think you mis-understand me, I do not mean landing approach speed but the approach speed of any distant object. I realise their is a big difference between a cessna and an A10 but what I am trying to say is in other flight sims even the cessna speeds seem very fast. I am trying to establish whether looking out the cock-pit whilst drivin the A10 in Lo-mac really equates to the real thing how about someone giving an honest answer.

I think it has an excellent representation of speed. I fly Cessna 2,3 and 4 series and have about 2,800 hours. Try this, check out the DME and fly for 4 miles at 240kts, which equates to 4 miles a minute and see what you come up with. I assume the demo has zero winds and make sure you're using Groundspeed. Indicated or True airspeed will be different depending on altitude. Use groundspeed and try different altitudes, you should come up with the same times, assuming no winds.

Curtis

Montana

...I am trying to establish whether looking out the cock-pit whilst drivin the A10 in Lo-mac really equates to the real thing how about someone giving an honest answer...

If you set your cockpit angle to at least 95deg, to include some periferal vision,

you`ll feel the speed! (curved screen would help too, but...)

TrackIr also adds greatly to sensation of speed. I`m addicted to low level flying

in Lo-Mac demo!

I think you mis-understand me, I do not mean landing approach speed but the approach speed of any distant object. I realise their is a big difference between a cessna and an A10 but what I am trying to say is in other flight sims even the cessna speeds seem very fast. I am trying to establish whether looking out the cock-pit whilst drivin the A10 in Lo-mac really equates to the real thing how about someone giving an honest answer.

lol, naw I understood just fine.