Are there any specific training missions available?

Like those to train radar operations, air to air combat or ground targeting?

Because now you are trown right in the middle of things, trying to find things out while under attack. Makes it not easy to learn some stuff. If you get into an airfight with 4 vs 4 it's possible that you get shot down while setting up radar, selecting weapons etc. Also, and if you get it finaly right, you can find yourself out of targets due to the help of your wingmen. Then it's back square one.

I've looked through the downloadblae missions but didn't find anything usefull.

Lange_666

666th Black Brigade

Air Ops

http://www.666th.org

Edited by Lange_666

Are there any specific training missions available?

Like those to train radar operations, air to air combat or ground targeting?

Because now you are trown right in the middle of things, trying to find things out while under attack. Makes it not easy to learn some stuff. If you get into an airfight with 4 vs 4 it's possible that you get shot down while setting up radar, selecting weapons etc. Also, and if you get it finaly right, you can find yourself out of targets due to the help of your wingmen. Then it's back square one.

I've looked through the downloadblae missions but didn't find anything usefull.

Lange_666

666th Black Brigade

Air Ops

http://www.666th.org

Hi Lang_666, you could try these: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5989

They're carrier-based and not tested with the latest patch due to their age, but you could give them a try.

Also have a look at these ground-based missions: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5559.

They'll probably suffice for radar and intercept training in most weather types and at night.

Regards, comrpnt.

A few months ago, I ran an idea past a few guys based around this very thing. Kind of like an AETC pilot training series of missions.

Some of the more obvious setbacks were:

- Lack of training acft (do have a Tweet and T-6 Texan II)

- AG radar is very basic

I'm still tinkering with it as a side project though, so maybe if we get some more blanks filled...

Storm

STORM,

I've got the aircraft...if you've got the syllabus. I've got a few ideas for low level and IFF training.

Perhaps if sparko would like to chime in...

FC

FC, I'd like to work with this too (time provided). It's been one of my ideas for more indepth MP.

Well, if Storm wants to take the lead on this, we could go from there.

FC

Yea, I'll press with this. Wrench already has a Texas map with Randolph AFB, IIRC.

PMs inbound.

Jeff

Don't forget "The Range" terrain, with my targets upgrade.

The only real problem with is, is there is NO enemy airfield (for either The Range or Red Range), and no 'Dogfight.ini'

They can VERY easily be added, of course....

Randolph got kinda nuked on that map, what with all those destroyed buildings I placed there....

Wrench

kevin stein