Sign in to follow this  
magicdragon_88

question about modifying aircraft

well i have downloaded a superb Canadair Mk6 GAF f-86 add-on and it has a static piper...well my question is: is there a lead computing gunsight that i can install for it? ( because i know the sabres had the lead computing gunsights irl) and if there isnt- is there a program i can use to make one? or maybe copy from an f4?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Roma

"A great pilot once told me, shoot then ask questions. I wanted to ask him why, but had to shoot him first"

There sure are several lead-computing mods for the Sabre (all by me!!! :haha: )

Unless you want to download them (which boosts by ego!! :wink: ) you can just use the data below in the cockpit ini, changing the gunsight tga's name to fit what ever the Mk.6 is using.

This come right out of "The Hunters" mod, IDF Sabre, WW2 "What If" F-86A, EDA F-86F, etc, and a host of others:

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=USK-14_sight.tga

AGGunsightName=USK-14b_sight.tga

LeadComputing=TRUE

MinLeadRange=150

MaxLeadRange=600

DefaultLeadRange=300

MaxDepression=0

DefaultDepression=0

You may need to comment out the AGGunsight, and possible adjust the MilSize based on the Mk6 gunsight tga. Best advice, would be to use THOSE sections from Mk.6. The really important lines I've highlighted. You can simply add them to the original cockpt ini.

Based on the usage of 6 50cal MGs.

Wrench

kevin stein

There sure are several lead-computing mods for the Sabre (all by me!!! :haha: )

Unless you want to download them (which boosts by ego!! :wink: ) you can just use the data below in the cockpit ini, changing the gunsight tga's name to fit what ever the Mk.6 is using.

This come right out of "The Hunters" mod, IDF Sabre, WW2 "What If" F-86A, EDA F-86F, etc, and a host of others:

You may need to comment out the AGGunsight, and possible adjust the MilSize based on the Mk6 gunsight tga. Best advice, would be to use THOSE sections from Mk.6. The really important lines I've highlighted. You can simply add them to the original cockpt ini.

Based on the usage of 6 50cal MGs.

Wrench

kevin stein

can u please snd me a link to your gyro mod? because i tried these settings in cocpit.ini, and it did not do anything

Don't suppose you've looked in the downloads section, under "Cold War Aircrft" ???

Wrench

kevin sten

Don't suppose you've looked in the downloads section, under "Cold War Aircrft" ???

Wrench

kevin sten

yea i already got the hunter's pack- unzipped everything into my F-86E folder and still no laed computing sight... my cockpit.ini is as follows:

[CockpitData]

Directory=cockpit

HUDMode=CAGED,AA,AG

RippleQuantity=1,2,4

RippleInterval=30,60

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=USK-14_sight.tga

AGGunsightName=USK-14b_sight.tga

LeadComputing=TRUE

MinLeadRange=150