Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

What do you think is missing from this sim?

Patriot Missiles is what I'd like to see along with Scud Missile launches.Have the ability to destroy buildings other than hangers,ammo bunkers and etc. for WWII mods.Like to see Sam City added in WOV.Just name a little that the sim could handle.

What I miss might be minor points to most, but I'd love

• proper active radar homing anti-shipping missiles and respective avionics/radar locking ability
  • working transport, air assault, AWACS, etc. missions we don't yet have
  • AWACS and datalink

Apart from that I'm very happy - hey, a game author who is releasing substantial periodic patches *years* after the game was released...

Three cheers for TK! :clapping:

• proper active radar homing anti-shipping missiles and respective avionics/radar locking ability

That would be amazing!!!!!!

Have you, guys, flown a mission in wich you REALLY need fighter support and all of you know what will be the answer from red crown, it would be nice that they can divert or even send fighter support when one really needs it.

Absolutely Right!Red Crown needs not to be "dumb founded" and a whole smarter.You get handed off from the tower to red crown,how about getting handed off from the last possible friendly tower and then get handed off to red crown or AWACS when crossing over into Indian Country.Also,the ability to tell flight exactly what you would like them do before,during and after the missions.Tell'em to turn radars on/off and to have control of their targeting as well.I can multi-task easy enough and good comms with good commands will result in victory.

Comms from other flights should be able to hear "Feet Dry or WET" when coming to and DMZ.That way you know if their headed back to carrier or entering the DMZ.This could enhance red crown in assisting diverts to "help wanted" areas.

Comms Mod was a good step in the right direction and I praise thee for that!There's always a brat in the crowd that screams for more and this isn't my intentions.

Brady

I would like sounds...the way FS did it...start up....taxiing ,better throttle response sounds...ie...so it just isnt the stock sound,louder or quieter to simulate throttle ...

refuelling...and rearming....eveen if its...land...taxi to certain area...and your re armed...refuelled and ready to go again...

I have no Idea how many really fun missions I created with that mission builder. It did have it's limits, but it was simple and easy to use and you could create complicated ops using it.

It was soo cool and easy in Advandec Tactical Fighters back in 1996... Placing mooses on Kurile map.

There are tons of planes and some nice terrains available for us thanks to Modders. But without mission editor most of time spent by lot of members here is flying random CAP or intercept (ie. against four Mig-17s armed with two FAB-100 each...) with a predictable pattern: you reach waypoint, Red Crown reports bogeys, you wingman reports bandits, four sparrows later mission complete.

Or am i wrong?

So, yes, it would be mission editor

Hey, TK! It's 2008! :blink:

Aliens from ID4, Godzilla, a mission inspired in "The Rock"... and a WMFA-314 Black Knights skin

for Hornets (I made my own but i would rather proffesional work) to fly these missions

skins for Iron Eagle (MiG-29 Fantom, F-16 Fighting Netz)

We need (Thinking)... A B-2

Edited by thundercheif

Placing mooses on Kurile map.

I made a few missions where the objective was to kill a moose or 2. I also had the ATF Toolkit. My first hand at modding.

Edited by Jeremiah Weed

You must've never flown my "Wingman" missions for FA....

I think it was from Book 2, where the Mongolian Cavalry had invaded, you had to steal a Forger (Harrier standing in), and were being fired on by armed and dangerous Mooeses (Moosi?) that were standing in for the cavalry!!! :rofl: Wish I had a screenie of ... it was HYSTERICAL!!!

The Toolkits were a blast! (can't find them in my archives...damnit!!! Mission sets and Libs, yes...)

Wrench

kevin stein

You must've never flown my "Wingman" missions for FA....

I think it was from Book 2, where the Mongolian Cavalry had invaded, you had to steal a Forger (Harrier standing in), and were being fired on by armed and dangerous Mooeses (Moosi?) that were standing in for the cavalry!!! :rofl: Wish I had a screenie of ... it was HYSTERICAL!!!

The Toolkits were a blast! (can't find them in my archives...damnit!!! Mission sets and Libs, yes...)

Wrench

kevin stein

Pretty sure I played those missions, but it has been nearly 10 years haha. I remember a guy on the internet named "Vark" or something that had some awesome lib files.

The premises behind some of the campaigns and missions were hilarious. I remember making many missions to kill "Anti-Stealth Blimps"

:rofl:

Better avionics, TV cameras linked to the weapons via numpad steerable TV bombs and rockets. Adjusting radar high and direction like in Lomac. possibility to have a start up sound for jet sounds and a shut down sound, reworked soundsystem for a better and a more real sound and enviroment. possible to have radar screen on the HUD

I think that`s all for now

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

An F-102A and TF-102A. An F-106B would be nice too!

Mike D.

Pretty sure I played those missions, but it has been nearly 10 years haha. I remember a guy on the internet named "Vark" or something that had some awesome lib files.

The premises behind some of the campaigns and missions were hilarious. I remember making many missions to kill "Anti-Stealth Blimps"

:rofl:

The toolkits were fun, and Vark111 did have some good .lib's. I remember how photo-realistic I thought USNF looked the first time I booted it up. I also remember having to upgrade my computer to 16mb of ram to run ATF.

DOH

I just did some experimenting with Patch 2008, and unless I am wrong, I found...

Sure there is now "BVR" engagement, but it only works for RHM armed aircraft.

IRM or gun only armed AI aircraft still don't go full on to intercept BVR targets it has on radar....they still have to be in the defined visual range. Nothing really changed here.

I was hoping to combine visual distance variables with AI radar strength to simulate long range GCI guided intercepts even in guns-only years, and work with visual/radar strength variables to allow more realistic night combat for AI aircraft. I hope I'm wrong about this, if not one of the big reasons for me staying with Patch2008 just went down in smoke, as the older versions have features I need that are now gone.

Mig-29UB Fulcrum-B

Any chance of losing those calls "missile launch, sam launch" when those have got nothing to do with your flight mission and take place 200 miles away from you.

Other than all things said here by all of us.

Hats off to TK.

I love the series of sims he made for us to have tons of fun from. :ok:

Thank you TK.

...heheh, yeh, um, how about an ACTUAL HELICOPTER FLIGHT MODEL??!!! :mad::grandpa:

[sERIOUSLY :dntknw: ]

Edited by SidDogg

Any chance of losing those calls "missile launch, sam launch" when those have got nothing to do with your flight mission and take place 200 miles away from you.

Instead of a wingman, may it be called by your RIO/WSO/BN if in a two seater

Strike Fighters is a fine game but Fighters Anthology is by far the most fun flight sim that I've ever played. Remember Air Base Assault and the City Dogfight Maps? It would be nice if we were just able to get an updated version of that exact game, don't change anything but give it modern graphics. What a hoot that was.

DOH

I just did some experimenting with Patch 2008, and unless I am wrong, I found...

Sure there is now "BVR" engagement, but it only works for RHM armed aircraft.

IRM or gun only armed AI aircraft still don't go full on to intercept BVR targets it has on radar....they still have to be in the defined visual range. Nothing really changed here.

I was hoping to combine visual distance variables with AI radar strength to simulate long range GCI guided intercepts even in guns-only years, and work with visual/radar strength variables to allow more realistic night combat for AI aircraft. I hope I'm wrong about this, if not one of the big reasons for me staying with Patch2008 just went down in smoke, as the older versions have features I need that are now gone.

I love the new AI as far as dogfighting and Bvr missile capability. This is a huge improvement in my book. the AI as far as ground attack seems to have some problems with the new patch- CAS, SEAD, Armed recon, missions are now having issues with AI use of LGB's and some other weapons. i think this has to do with the new launch parameters set up with the new patch. while the AI may have been

releasing the guided weapons out side of realistic parameters with the old patch, at least the weapons were released .... and hit their targets much of the time. With the new patch CAS- SEAD-and armed recon AI missions with LGB's Behave the way strike used to with the old patch... no weapons release. And I am with you on the older third wire sky i like it much better. I hope that as some of our more knowlageable modders figure out the ins and outs of the latest patch that we may be able to modify these troublesome issues by importing files from old to new or vice versa.

I really thank T.K. for the work he puts into bringing the older titles up to date, the fact that he takes time out of his life to support us at no charge is outstanding so i am not going to bitch about the

things that broke with the new patch. I think that if there are features that we all would like to see in these games we should let T.K. know what we want and then pony up and pay the man for building

an upgreade to the series. If we are not paying our way then we cannot really complain if he overlooks something that messes up what we liked in the previous patch. lets not look a gift horse in the mouth... lets put our money where our mouth is.

I don't know about the rest of you but i would pay 40 or 50 bucks for an add on to the game that brings the weapons capability of the game more up to date. i am not talking about Lock on or F4 style

ultra realism, I am talking about the same type of " lite sim" but with a few modern additions like realistic cruise missile performance, the ability to use loiter missiles lite the tacit rainbow, the ability to have ships with multiple missile launchers ships and that launch harpoon or tomahawk missiles . AI Aircraft that use guided weapons well no matter what type of ground attack category is selected for them.

friendly bases that are well defended by multipe types of SAMs The ability to target missiles with other missiles such as AHM/SAHM vs cruise missile, or patriot missiles targeting scuds. or how about a way to model helmet mounted aiming systems- using Trackir. Pesonally I would pay more than 50 bucks to have those features added to the game, maybe it is worth bringing it up in a thread over at third wire. :wink:

CA_Stary hit the nail right on the head:

THAT is the single, most important element missing from this series. How many of you remember that superb mission builder in Fighters Anthology? Where you could 'virtually' step right into the 3d world, and place an object exactly where you wanted it to be???

Everything, and I do mean everything else is a moot point; aircraft, ships, vehicles are USELESS without being able to locate them properly, and 'tell the story'; that's what I used to do with FA -how many of you remember all those Novel Conversions I've done? - and what the YAP guys are doing now.

Wrench

kevin stein

I agree, even EF2000 had a simple "Target View" system, 3D, Topo, Sat, so you KNEW what your target was, and from a 360 rotating perspective. It was very immersive and still the best sim ever "flown".

And yes a much better mission editor. And maybe one that like, gave you the weather? I mean seriously, why am I going to load up on GBU-12s when it's cloudy as hell out where a JDAM is more, well effective?

And with Serverandenforcer, an "alert" flight would be very nice as well I'll agree, what's the point of having the command for "Help" when it doesn't work?

And the Vietnam era ATOs gotta go. That's why I fly strike missions by myself, and CAS/SEAD with wingies, and we always accomplish the objectives and don't need oodles of planes to do it..

CA_Stary hit the nail right on the head:

THAT is the single, most important element missing from this series. How many of you remember that superb mission builder in Fighters Anthology? Where you could 'virtually' step right into the 3d world, and place an object exactly where you wanted it to be???

Everything, and I do mean everything else is a moot point; aircraft, ships, vehicles are USELESS without being able to locate them properly, and 'tell the story'; that's what I used to do with FA -how many of you remember all those Novel Conversions I've done? - and what the YAP guys are doing now.

Wrench

kevin stein

I have to agree with Kevin. This is probably the key feature that is missed.

No offense to you guys who want more aircraft, but I'm guessing some of you are younger and just want to fly low and fast in something cool. The actual use of it in game is lost on you, aside from a small few.

I had more, but I'll leave it at that.

-S

here I am, to push the point that I have been pushing ever since I joined! CF-105!!! CF-105!!!

a Valk would be cool too.

but to tell the truth, I'm perfectly happy with the stock aircraft alone. For the last couple months I have been running a fresh, patched install with no add-ons (save a couple of skins and the quick takeoff mod), and I am enjoying it more than my previous install, with which I had maxed out my PC with weapons, skins and aircraft.