Sign in to follow this  
bnjmn556

Looking for IL2 Squad

I am a complete noob when it comes to this. I just got the game last night. Ive played many flight simulators before, including combat ones and I can hold my own. I dont have any of the expansions but I wanna play online and learn some new stuff. So if anyone is willing to "take me under their wing", pun intended. I will be honored to join.

Edited by bnjmn556

Shameless plug alert!

Get yourself over to www.battle-fields.com

We have an active forum and 3 servers of varying difficulty (UK dedicated 1,2,3 on hyperlobby).

We are not a squad but you will usually find someone willing to show you the ropes.

Best advice I can give you is.

1) Get on teamspeak.

2) On a new server let people know you are new to il2 online, most players will then give you some support and cut you abit of slack, if they don't well it's probably not the sort of server you want to hang around on anyway.

Good luck.

WM.

Edited by whirlinmerlin

If you just got the game, I wouldn't suggest a squadron... I tried the same thing you're doing and I could barely understand the terminology... Of course I could fly pretty dang well because of my real world aviation back ground... But I was a cruddy shot... I played single player a lot and practiced gunnery for 2 months and now I'm a crack shot in any aircraft including a turret position... I personally prefer one of the aircraft that is overlooked and thought of as a crappy plane... The P-47D Thunderbolt, it actually turns great, it's a speed demon, it can out dive anything and 8 50 cal's shred 109s and 190s.... Not to mention all the bombs and rockets it can carry...

If you like, I can play with you. I am italian and I got an little squadron, it has got five or six persons. We've got a forum, if you want, you can visit us.

Send a Pm to -Mustang.

http://il2sturmovik.forumfree.net.