Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

Replacement Cambrai snow tiles...

Hi,

The seasonal weather inspired me to fly many missions on snowy tiles, but I have been very dissatisfied with the stock Cambrai snow tiles (and there must be others out there!). Do you remember flying the pre-exp pack tiles from Max188 and Edward? I really love the look of the icy blue shadows, the atmosphere just made it feel cold, and since my "cockpit" is in the basement, I do fill the chill...

Anyways, I was totally inspired by Edward's winter tiles, so I used them and cobbled together the 30 or so others that are required for Cambrai (BTW just what the heck is "Rough" supposed to be anyways? And was there that many golf courses in WWI France???).

*** However, in the last image I found a hickup (and I'm sure there are more). Any advice on how to fix this spun tile?

EDIT: Oh, what is going on with the Albatros prop? Broken, yet still seeing the prop blur.

If there is any interest, and Edward says OK (the bulk are mostly his tiles, though with some adjustments), I'll post after bit more tweaking...

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00010-1.jpg

IMG00007.jpg

Edited by B Bandy RFC

you can flip the tga file in a paint prog if u know which it is...:)

you can flip the tga file in a paint prog if u know which it is...:)

Thanks for the reply Russouk, I know enough just to be dangerous.

However, if you look to the bottom-right margin of the problem tile in the screen shot, you can identify it as the same tile (from the unique ground texture patterns making up the farms and crump holes) and see it is repeated again, but in the correct orientation.

So, I'm not sure that the tile itself is the issue, rather how it's been assigned. Is this a possiblity? I don't see a flipped tile in the folder either.

Puzzled...

One technique I use in skinning is to do an ID layer with numbers or colors. Then render the modded image and you should be able to see the "offending" image. In this instance simply place a large vivid number on each modded tile.

It works for me.

Of course if the problem is not a reversed tile, this is no help, except that you will know what is not the problem.

Edison thought that sort of information was useful.LOL!

sinbad

Thanks Sinbad. Yes, labeling is a powerful technique that I used earlier. I am familiar enough with the tiles and was pretty sure that the tile itself was flipping due to assignment.

Here is proof though :smile: FYI: The offending tile is found very near the southern end of the Cambrai front on the German side, and I found it actually flying a mission so it does come into play (ie: not an esoteric problem).

Now, what is the solution? I am not familiar with the terrain editor, but could it be in there?

EDIT: TK will handle the issue, and yes, the Terrain Editor is the way to go if anybody is interested.

[a dawn patrol test flight and low light conditions]

img00030.jpg

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Uploaded to CA in time for the season, warts and all!!!

AFAIK, there is just the one problematic mis-assigned tile inherent in Cambrai itself (ie, not a product of this mod), and you likely will not find it. So enjoy!

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Thanks B Bandy RFC!

It's shorts and t-shirt weather here in Florida, and I had to scamble to find a jacket.