Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

Workhorse Viper headed for the Smithsonian!

Sweet! A jet I worked on a time or two is going to be in the Smithsonian! I'm in the 122FW (IN ANG) and we've been to Iraq twice with VT ANG. We've had this jet (83-1165) in Ft Wayne a couple times, I spent a week with the VT ANG in VT as they sent their maintenance folks ahead to Iraq in 07, and then worked on her a couple times in Iraq. It was a pretty big deal when she hit 6,000 hours in Iraq in 2005.

My jet, 84-1394 only has 5,200 hours...and is now sitting at the boneyard retired.

Sweet! A jet I worked on a time or two is going to be in the Smithsonian! I'm in the 122FW (IN ANG) and we've been to Iraq twice with VT ANG. We've had this jet (83-1165) in Ft Wayne a couple times, I spent a week with the VT ANG in VT as they sent their maintenance folks ahead to Iraq in 07, and then worked on her a couple times in Iraq. It was a pretty big deal when she hit 6,000 hours in Iraq in 2005.

My jet, 84-1394 only has 5,200 hours...and is now sitting at the boneyard retired.

Good on you, Weasel Keeper. A huge thank you in the name of all your drivers, well done!

nice to hear the old Viper has a new good home :)

about the TB, why getting Block 52's? no offense.. but shouldn't they get them to squadrons that operate in Iraq\Afghanistan??

Cheers

Probably because as somewhat some kind of promotion (the need to use the most current version in the inventory), and the fact that the Block 52s can be converted to combat use in a relatively short time.

Probably because as somewhat some kind of promotion (the need to use the most current version in the inventory), and the fact that the Block 52s can be converted to combat use in a relatively short time.

Actually any block F-16 can be converted quickly and easily to combat configurations in a very short time. About the longest part of the conversion from TB to combat would be how long it takes the paint to dry. :wink: