Sign in to follow this  
magicpixie

CTD with groundformation.dll error

Hi,

I've recently re-installed SFG and upgraded to the latest patch. I have no mods installed however when playing the 1972 campaign I am getting a CTD that relates to groundformation.dll. I've done a search however any references to this error, and there aren't many, relate to modded installs. Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Thanks,

Rik.

Rik,

I have had the same error. I never had the problem until I installed the game on my Windows Vista system. At the same time, I also updated WOE to the 10/08 patch. Oddly enough, it only seems to do it, when I am connected to the internet. It only CTDd on about every third mission.

Scrapper

I've deleted a couple of WoI campaigns due to this error, and never have figured out why it was happening.

I just re-created my own Lebanon War 2 - 2006, which was the main culprit for these errors, from scratch, and hope it doesn't happen again with the new patches.

In your searches, you may have seen my reports on it, but there has been no fix that I know of, unless it was on of the latest patches...

Thanks for your responses. I should have said that I'm on XP SP3. Everything was ok but i was having a few issues with the joystick setup. I had patched over a modded install but most of the mods disappeared so I thought I'd 'do it properly' and patch over a clean install. I'm clutching at straws now, however after I re-installed the game I didn't run it prior to patching. I'm wondering if running the game prior to patching creates some default system files that need to be present? The issue is occuring every 2-3 times I play so I've nothing to loose by trying another re-install. I have re-installed WOE and patched in the same way but haven't tested it yet. I'm now loathe to re-install and patch WOI in case the same thing happens.

I'll give this a go and post my results in case it helps anyone else; at the very least it may save time for someone else with the same issue.

Cheers,

Rik.