Sign in to follow this  
airborne1991

weapon issue's(again)

After I installed the latest patches for WOI and WOE, I noticed the my laser guided weapons no longer function correctly. When I release them, they just fall to the ground. I checked all the stats through the weapon editor to make sure nothing was changed. The plane I was using had a LD on it(F-15E). I also was sure to release within the weapon's parameters and still no luck. The missles work ok.

Any ideas?

After I installed the latest patches for WOI and WOE, I noticed the my laser guided weapons no longer function correctly. When I release them, they just fall to the ground. I checked all the stats through the weapon editor to make sure nothing was changed. The plane I was using had a LD on it(F-15E). I also was sure to release within the weapon's parameters and still no luck. The missles work ok.

Any ideas?

haven't noticed a problem. I'll check.

Only with the F-15E?

I been using LD Lantrin and SniperXR pods to get GBU's to work correctly after oct08b patch in WOE.Without these,the GBU's are useless.

Brady

haven't noticed a problem. I'll check.

Only with the F-15E?

All the modern aircraft capable of carrying lgbs.

I been using LD Lantrin and SniperXR pods to get GBU's to work correctly after oct08b patch in WOE.Without these,the GBU's are useless.

Brady

I will install the SniperXR pod that came with the F-15SG. I have flown the typhoon and Gripen j-39 with lantrin andlightening pods and they have done the exact some thing. I will keep trying. It is probably something simple.

Even though the weapon data hasn't changed, the game engine is much pickier about the release parameters. I have to fly much closer to the target than i ever did before. After that, they all worked fine.

Try dropping when the target is 45 degrees +/-10 off the nose. Somewhere in there, they should work.

Even though the weapon data hasn't changed, the game engine is much pickier about the release parameters. I have to fly much closer to the target than i ever did before. After that, they all worked fine.

Try dropping when the target is 45 degrees +/-10 off the nose. Somewhere in there, they should work.

I will try that when I play again. Thanks :good:

If you can man, take some snapshots of when you're about to drop. I drop horizontally, sometimes at pretty "weird" angles. Can't say I always hit but then again, I always get release. Sometimes they go ballistic (i.e. just "drop") other times I get steel on steel.

If you can man, take some snapshots of when you're about to drop. I drop horizontally, sometimes at pretty "weird" angles. Can't say I always hit but then again, I always get release. Sometimes they go ballistic (i.e. just "drop") other times I get steel on steel.

The bombs release ok. I flew several different missions and out of probably 15 I dropped, may be 1 or 2 actually hit. The rest just hit the ground. I will try to get some snap shots and post tomorrow.

:good:

I read over the guide and went on some training missions. I got mostly hits and some misses. I have figured out that it was me not using the correct release procedure. Thanks for everyone's help in this matter.

Has anyone had any problems installing the sniper xr pod?