Sign in to follow this  
*Fast Eagle*

Retirement

Well I put in my papers 2 months ago, and it's now official.

I am a Retarded...I mean Retired Sailor.

12 good years behind me now. Guess I'll be seein ya all a bit more now.

I really got into MOHAA and Call of Duty, so I mostly play those games now, but I'll still fly now and then.

If you see Shadow Hunter around ... thats me... new name for new games lol

Good to be back

<S>! You'll always be a fighter pilot to us pal!

Welcome to the club Fast Eagel, the worst part now is deciding what to wear today.

I really got into MOHAA and Call of Duty, so I mostly play those games now, but I'll still fly now and then.

Hey, next time you're on MOHAA, check out server 66.246.74.57:12215 Its the FPS version part of my squad. FPS = TSF (Tactical Strike Force) Flight Sim = PG (Pursuit Group) On there, I'm known as [TSF]Uto Raptor{352}. Hope to see you there!

Fast Eagle 12 years in the Navy! Maybe our paths crossed as I to was an Naval Aviator. Which AI class where you in? What commands have you been attached to? What was the source of your commission? What did you get out as? I did not retire I took the VSI/SSB a few years back. 12 year retirement? 15 was the least I was aware of and that was mostly for the E's in overmanned NEC's. The only thing I can think of for a 12 year retirement is a Medical Discharge with disability and that of course is not "retirement". Your comment "I am a Retarded...I mean Retired Sailor" also indicates that you don't seem to be proud of your accomplishment (as most would be).

I recall your post from the carrier this Winter/Spring, I find it odd that someone could surf the web and make posts from a Combatant engaged in tactical warfare. That would be a Comm O's nitemare, not to mention the security issues. Email likely send a designated times but unhithered internet access from a ship at war? I have internet on my ship and I have unhindered access, but we are not combatants engaged in tactical operations.

Just curious...some of this seems a little outta wack. Things sure seemed to have changed since I got out.

Cheers

Beer

Well Sir, I got out as an O-5, Commander. I spent 9 years with the VF 143, Hence the Virtual 143 I command.

The "retirement" was on the same basis as a med retirement, but was for something else. In short, my actions toward an enlisted man earned me a letter of reprimand that has completely halted all avenues of advancement, so it was either a staff job for the next 8 yrs, or make way for fresh, lesser paid officers. SecNAV personally approved and signed off on my retirement OK and approved the award of pension and benefits.

I am quite proud of my accomplishment in the Navy, as would be anyone who spent the better part of their life in a cockpit of the finest fighting force this United States has to offer. I am not however proud of my actions that led to my early out. While I was suffice in my reasons for doing so, I put someone elses life at risk to prove a point. While smoking dope while on duty at sea, in my book earned the little bastard the 2 minutes of hanging his ass over the lifelines and getting his as chewed, earned me my doom in the USN.

Surfing the net is quite easy from ship, as long as you know the comms officer for as long as you've been in the service :) There is a few networks on big ships. The network that the Skipper is on is totally seperate from the network the officers can use for personal pleasure. This is for a few reasons, 1 being the fact that the Skipper doesn't need his transmissions being hacked by his own crew, and don't think some of the boneheaded enlisted men don't try. The Squadron CO's are on the skippers net, so with the propper password...VOILA I'm in like flynn.

They are still RIO's, but you couldn't pay me enough to sit backseat anymore!!

The first 3 years were spent as a RIO. After that I piloted. The most fun I had though was flyin RIO for the Squads XO

Hey, next time you're on MOHAA, check out server 66.246.74.57:12215 Its the FPS version part of my squad. FPS = TSF (Tactical Strike Force) Flight Sim = PG (Pursuit Group) On there, I'm known as [TSF]Uto Raptor{352}. Hope to see you there!

I definately willl check it out!!!