Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Knight_667th

Something I've noticed..

When padlocked, if you use the snap view forward to do a quick check of the panel and for terrain out the hud and then back to padlock, the only way you can get out of padlock is to physically hit the 2d cockpit command F1, If you don't use the snap view to check forward, just hitting the padlock button will take you out of padlock..of the two..I prefer the second. Might or might not be an easy fix..but in other sims where there is but one padlock function..(not including F4 since switching between the two means switching to s different set of textures..) like IL2..just hitting the padlock again takes you back to straight out the "hud" or forward panel view..also..a lift line on the canopies would also be nice as a reference point when the target is at your 3-9 line in WVR engagements..ala F4, and FA18 (yes there is one stock out of the box..check your other commands section in FA18)

DK

I personally like the padlock system SF uses. I have the snap forward view set to my pinky switch, so in dogfights I can quick checks forward, then turn back to maintaining a visual with the target. Its a great system, and I certainly hope they don't change it.

I don't want them to change that..but when the fight is over..hitting padlock again to return to normal hud view would be better..using the snap views should not cause the padlock button to not release padlock and let you return to regular view..I mean..I only got so many buttons on my HOTAS..LOL

DK