Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

Test Drive Unlimited

So what do you guys think about this game? I ordered it cause you get to slightly customize your cars plus the thought of driving a Ferrari or a Shelby Mustang out on the Roads of Hawaii is just to good to pass up

it was ok for a little while, but it gets boring after a while, probably due to the fact that at the time i had it, i couldnt go online with it. but the graphics are good, the car models are great, and the driving anywhere on the island was really cool. just watch out on the motorcycles, they are twitchy little beasts of speed.

Does anybody from here still play the game? I've decided to give it a go since I got a "racing game pang" again after years of absence, basically since I was able to drive real cars, but now somehow I thought it would be nice to grab some asphalt and tear it up... My old Thrustmaster Grand Prix 1 racing wheel is obviously no good anymore (since I don't have an analogue controller port in my PC anyways), and doing a survey of what's out there, I just couldn't find myself to like the Logitech G27 (which is about as much as I'd ever give for racing hardware), so for now I decided to go for a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience - I know it's a bunch of plastic but I've never seen so many buttons on a wheel itself so I thought it could be the right "budget"-wheel whilst waiting for Logitech to bring out a better one... Also decided to go into this one since I love open-ended environments and the car choices are good (going to get the Megapack addon right away for the extra muscle cars!) - and also as practice for the sequel which should arrive around the beginning of next year...

No, but I've had my Momo for years now and have no trouble with it. Well, occasionally I have to disassemble the pedals and reseat the throttle pot to stop spiking, but that's it.

I admit I'm disappointed there's no options in the "nicer" category. The Momo is just under $100, but the G27 is over 2.5x more. Where's the one that comes in between $150-200? I might go for that.

As for buttons, I rarely need all the ones the Momo has anyway.

Well you can go for the Thrustmaster RGT Force-Feedback Pro Clutch Edition  - though it's probably the most glorified "plastic" wheel there is... As for the buttons, I don't know, but at least in Test Drive Unlimited 2, there's supposed to even be directional lights and at least two headlight illuminations selectable - so I guess those 11 buttons from the Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience should get some use - and at least they're all on the wheel, unlike those on the shifter from the G25/G27... Let's see... Everything from view controls to opening up the windows and of course the obligatory radio control, not to speak of other driving functions - gotta assign the brake to a button methinks cause it makes more sense to put the handbrake to the braking pedal instead... Yep, I think I'll do fine with the buttons... if the G27 had more accessible buttons I would've gone for the Logitech but as it is, I'll go for the cheaper Thrustmaster, until Logitech gets something more to my liking...

I didn't even know that existed.

I also see the Momo seems to be going out of production.