Sign in to follow this  
ErikGen

F-101B Voodoo V1.1

F-101B Voodoo V1.1

McDonnell F-101B Voodoo v1.1

McDonnell had built 480 F-101Bs, the two-seat, all-weather interceptor used by the Air Defense Command from 1969 to 1972. Surviving USAF aircraft were transferred to the ANG where they served until 1982.
This aircraft is the version equipped with IRTS sensor.CREDITS:
Dave : various support and help (his exelent skin work, not included in this release, will be available soon as separate pack)
column5 : FM (thanks a lot Don)
mppd : skins (fantastic decal set), fuel tank models and support for the Genie making
Spillone104 : J57 sound
triplethr3at, NGHENGO, Spillone104 : test team
me : remaining stuff

Thank you very much, guys.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25-12-2008 - V1.01 - fixed error in right wing texture ... noone noticed it untill Badfrank tried to apply a (not historical) camo skin ... the two wings were sharing the same texture side. Now all seems to be ok. Thanks Badfrank.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23-01-2009 - V1.1 - Last change
- changes to various meshes in order to eliminate little imperfection i saw (old skins are not compromised)
- minor .ini elaboration (ehm ... simply i dont remember what i did)
- disabled the SpecificStationCode=AIM4 row from falcon WeaponStations and augmented load limits ; who have the AIM4 code into his weapondata.ini should remove the two slashes in order to get back them
- updated old skins with new details from Mike (mppd)
- added a Canadian skin as bonus for your patience.

Every part of this mod can be used into others mods only if the final product is free of charge for the community and proper credits are listed into the product itself.

Please, read the readme file before install. If you find problems with this aircraft , PM me or post at CombatAce in the proper section.

Have fun.

This mod is released under the freeware licensing agreement (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26131)

Enrico "erikgen"

100% Grateful!

Brady

Thank you for this earlier christmas!

Finally here it comes..........

the Perfect Xmas gift......

Thanks Enrico for working so hard for us!!!!!!! (The entire '101 family)

Now the Norad defence is almost complete..it need only the.............

Mau.

Yes, go on, say it...an F-102! Sure would like to start some textures for that...

Mike D.

I need to get off my butt and get those skins updated and released.

Oooooh! An early Xmas present. :good:

Now the Norad defence is almost complete..it need only the.............

Mau.

Yeah, I know. The VF(AW)-3 skin for F-8 Crusader...

What? :wink:

Edited by Gocad

wow! Century Series are always a treat, but for me, this one is the all time monster Interceptor...my first boss in the USAF was a "one-oh-wonder" guy (also a double ugly and a couple of other war machines) and the stories he used to tell...

thanks!

Love it :ok: anyone else not getting the falcons to show up in the loadout?

Me nether unfortunately :dntknw:

Edited by mikeymead

Me nether unfortunately :dntknw:

Just need to change the Station Code in the AIM-4D entry in the Weapons Editor to AIM4. Great job with the Aircraft! :yes:

Ooops!

I did a little overkill on the INI and can now carry Sidewinders as well.

No biggie, as they are both about useless versus Bears over the Bering Straits...

BRAVI!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

e Viva l'Italia :rockon:

Thank you to the whole sim comunity.

More Voodoos will come soon (next year ... or two weeks ... it is the same this time :biggrin: ).

... e Viva l'Italia :rockon:

Viva gli Italiani ... wherever they are.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

you can also edit the diameter allowed on the weapons station in the data file to get the AIM-4F/G to work

Offline for a couple of days and another Voodoo gets released. Thanks very much. Looking forward to flying with the 60th FIS.

-S

Storm,

I have the 60th FIS underway - four separate schemes which includes a natural metal version for Enrico's early B- model (without the nose IR sensor). Have to get all those New England units covered!! Merry Christmas to all,

Mike D.