Sign in to follow this  
ErikGen

F-101B Voodoo V1.1

MOST EXCELLENT! The 101B is my favorite, mainly because it was used by the RCAF! I don't think there could be a better christmas present. Aside from a new computer that is. :tongue:

USAFVoodooF-101B02.jpg

Chapeau! Diamond quality!

Thank you Enrico for giving us this fantastic add-on aircraft.

Do I have to have that latest comprehensive weapons pack to get the weapons to show up? I can only select the drop tanks in the game. The attachment type, load limit, and diameter limit are good for the Falcons and I increased the length limit, but they still don't show up. I replaced the existing Genie entry in my weaponsdata.ini with the included info and those don't show up either.

Do I have to have that latest comprehensive weapons pack to get the weapons to show up? I can only select the drop tanks in the game. The attachment type, load limit, and diameter limit are good for the Falcons and I increased the length limit, but they still don't show up. I replaced the existing Genie entry in my weaponsdata.ini with the included info and those don't show up either.

Hi Chief,

For the falcon could be the "SpecificStationCode=AIM4" not set in your weapondata.ini ... you can try deleting this entry in the Voodoo data.ini (one for each Falcon station) or add the code using the weaponseditor (last patch) ... for the Genie i dont know ... did you compile the new weapondata.dat or you only added the new lines to the weapondata.ini?

25-12-2008 - V1.01 - fixed error in right wing texture ... noone noticed it untill Badfrank tried to apply a (not historical) camo skin ... the two wings were sharing the same texture side. Now all seems to be ok. Thanks Badfrank.

Thank you Erikgen (and team)!

Nice work!

Cant get any weapons to show even after multiple INI edits is there somthing I missed?

MOST EXCELLENT! The 101B is my favorite, mainly because it was used by the RCAF! I don't think there could be a better christmas present. Aside from a new computer that is. :tongue:

There is an RCAF version coming soon, hint . hint :rolleyes:

Nice aircraft, will make an nice addition to the Voodoo family

cheers

I tried even more .INI edits and still a no go cause I am not showing any weapons in the F-101B loadout screen it ticking me off cause I really want to fly this bad mamba jamba with the skin I created for it

Edited by Falcon161

I tried even more .INI edits and still a no go cause I am not showing any weapons in the F-101B loadout screen it ticking me off cause I really want to fly this bad mamba jamba with the skin I created for it

With some more information i could try to focus the problem. What Game are you playing with? Is it up to date with last patch? Have you installed the weapons in the correct way? What kind of ini edit you did?

Im playin on WOV latest patch for everything including weapons. The INI edits are just going in and trying to change weapon types and stuff just too see but so far all I got now are bombs still no missiles. Yes I did install weapons correctly at first I thought that was the problem as well but after rechecking I found that they were installed correctly which got me scratching my head

Im playin on WOV latest patch for everything including weapons. The INI edits are just going in and trying to change weapon types and stuff just too see but so far all I got now are bombs still no missiles. Yes I did install weapons correctly at first I thought that was the problem as well but after rechecking I found that they were installed correctly which got me scratching my head

No bomb are allowed for the VoodooB ... i think you are doing some error setting the weapon type.

Return to my original data.ini ... if Falcon doesn't appear, you can try removing the "SpecificStationCode=AIM4" entry in the data.ini stations section (or adding the AIM4 code for all Falcon missiles in your weapondata.ini).

When you say "no missiles" i hope you means that only Falcons does not appear but fuel tanks and Genie rocket are available.

If your weaponsdata.dat is not corrupted ... well ... I dont know how to help you ... sorry.

I had the same problem but I made some changes to the INI to allow weapons.

Try this setup:

[FalconStationSX]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=SEMI_RECESSED

AttachmentPosition=-0.340,3.45,-0.59

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=330

DiameterLimit=0.10

LengthLimit=2.1

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,SAHM

AttachmentType=USAF,USN,NATO

ModelNodeName=Falcon_sx

MovingPylon=TRUE

AnimationID=9

RotatingPylon=TRUE

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.001

[FalconStationDX]

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=SEMI_RECESSED

AttachmentPosition=0.340,3.45,-0.59

LoadLimit=330

DiameterLimit=0.10

LengthLimit=2.1

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,SAHM

ModelNodeName=Falcon_dx

MovingPylon=TRUE

AnimationID=9

RotatingPylon=TRUE

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.001

[LeftStation1]

StationID=3

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.88,0.68,-0.715

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,15.0

LoadLimit=1600.00

LengthLimit=5.2

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,IRM,GP,SAHM

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.001

FuelTankName=F101_450Tank_Grey

[RightStation1]

StationID=4

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.88,0.68,-0.715

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,-15.0

LoadLimit=1600.00

LengthLimit=5.2

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,IRM,SAHM

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.001

FuelTankName=F101_450Tank_Grey

[LeftStation2]

StationID=5

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.88,0.68,-0.715

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,15.0

LoadLimit=1600.00

LengthLimit=5.2

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.001

FuelTankName=F101_450Tank_LNG_Gry

[RightStation2]

StationID=6

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.88,0.68,-0.715

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,-15.0

LoadLimit=1600.00

LengthLimit=5.2

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.001

FuelTankName=F101_450Tank_LNG_Gry

[GenieBay]

StationID=7

StationGroupID=3

StationType=INTERNAL

NumWeapons=2

AttachmentPosition001=-0.270,3.57,0.04

AttachmentPosition002= 0.270,3.57,0.04

LoadLimit=800

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,RCKT

SpecificStationCode=AIR-2

DiameterLimit=0.5

LengthLimit=3.0

BombBayAnimationID=9

BombBayOpenTime=1.0

BombBayCloseTime=1.0

ModelNodeName=Genie_Hi

MovingPylon=TRUE

RotatingPylon=TRUE

AutomaticDoors=TRUE

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.06

Ofcourse with your permission eriken?!

Also have you to installed the weapons ini from the voodooB file Falcon161? This may work as I'm using the older SPF1 for this plane atm and seems to work for me as all weapons appear in loadout menu.

On another note, has anyone notice the plane come's to an complete stall when pulling back beyond an 17 degree angle of attack? I've just about lost one in an tight turn. Not sure if it's something in the FM or something there?

Hope this helps you Falcon161

cheers

On another note, has anyone notice the plane come's to an complete stall when pulling back beyond an 17 degree angle of attack? I've just about lost one in an tight turn. Not sure if it's something in the FM or something there?

cheers

That is by design. The high tail of the aircraft created that very problem and Column5 duplicated it perfectily. That problem killed many rookie pilots. A dogfighter it is not.

I need to get off my butt and get those skins updated and released.

Dave, are you working on a F-102? I had seen the start of one years ago, but never finished. Delta6

That is by design. The high tail of the aircraft created that very problem and Column5 duplicated it perfectily. That problem killed many rookie pilots. A dogfighter it is not.

ahh, so the FM model is true to the Voodoo. Was wondering about that pitch issue by reading info on the web.

cheers

Yeah I did a recon run and pulled up when I got an R-60 fired at me and did some weird cartwheel thing

Did you solve your weapons issue Falcon161?

cheers

Dave, are you working on a F-102? I had seen the start of one years ago, but never finished. Delta6

Not me man.

ahh, so the FM model is true to the Voodoo. Was wondering about that pitch issue by reading info on the web.

cheers

Column5 did an excellent job on it. I dont think anyone could of gotten it any closer.

By mid-1956 the continued testing of the 29 F-101As which had been accepted by the USAF up to that time had turned up a number of structural, propulsion, aerodynamic, and armament problems. Perhaps the most serious of these was a tendency of the aircraft to pitch-up, a problem which was never fully corrected even after much effort. Brigadier General Robin Olds, who commanded a Voodoo wing, reported that it did not take very much to make a F-101A suddenly and without warning to go into pitch-up, even while cruising. The angle of attack needed to achieve lift with full flaps and drop tanks was very close to the pitch-up stall point, where the flow of air over the wings created a downflow over the tail slab. On January 10, 1956, Major Lonnie R. Moore, a Korean War ace with 10 kills to his credit, was killed in a F-101A pitch-up mishap at Eglin AFB, Florida.

Citing numerous still-unsolved problems with the F-101, in May of 1956 the USAF ordered that production be halted yet again. Although the hold order did not last very long, F-101A production remained limited to only eight airplanes per month throughout most of the remainder of 1956. During this period, McDonnell spent most of its time in modifying existing F-101As rather than in building new ones. Some 300 USAF-recommended changes were incorporated, plus some 2000 company-devised improvements. It took a long time for McDonnell to develop any sort of cure for the pitch-up problem. McDonnell fitted an active inhibitor which helped to clear up the pitch-up problem, at least partially. Satisfied with the active inhibitor installed by McDonnell, the Air Force finally rescinded its May production restrictions on November 26, 1956. Nevertheless, the pitch-up problem was never completely cured, and remained a nuisance throughout the Voodoo's service life. Also never resolved was a problem encountered in retracting the forward-folding nosewheel--beyond a speed of about 90 mph, it simply would not go up.

I'll fly it with no problem in my Woe Unpatched version,only thing I've made rename the 450 gal and the new genie to let 'em show without erasing the Bunyap pack ones,with weapons editor.

new patch features will downgraded immediately to pre patch standards via weapon editor,and the 101 is a very nice plane to fly!

Radar range on the Voodoo. I've looked all over the place looking for the Radar range of the F-101B VooDoo to include radar settings. Does anybody have the hammer on this? I called my F-106 Crew Chief to model the F-106 radar correctly, but not a clue on the One-O-One.!

Radar range on the Voodoo. I've looked all over the place looking for the Radar range of the F-101B VooDoo to include radar settings. Does anybody have the hammer on this? I called my F-106 Crew Chief to model the F-106 radar correctly, but not a clue on the One-O-One.!

Let me understand ... you have no clue about the real radar ranges of the Voodoo-B ... but you are sure that the ranges i have set in the avionics.ini are wrong !? :blink:

However ... coming soon ...

gallery_2365_221_40671.jpg