Sign in to follow this  
mustang60348

Next time you stop at the scene of an accident, consider this

Beverly Hills lawyer pleased with the ruling. Doesn't that say it all. Liability still to be determined though. Says it was her friend too. Maybe that should be changed to a former acquaintance. Then again, I even know not to move an accident victim unless it is to save them from further injury or imminent death. That's from being over four decades old though too.

And this is why I refuse to take those first aid courses at work. They claim that you're protected under the good samaritan law. Now that's the biggest, stinkiest pile of B.S. that I've ever heard.

" miss, miss, excuse me, can u sign this 40 page document saying ur not gonna sue me if i try to help u?" "No? F*$# you then" "Yes? I need u to sign in all the 30 million spots that are highlighted, and ur initials and ssn. Thank you. Now i can save u and help you"

God its pathetic when thats what u have to do now!!!

What a load of frickin BS.....

The woman who pulled her from the car feared the car was going to explode, that's "further injury or imminent death" but they don't report if the car did explode. There's alot more information needed: what injury caused the paralysis, how that injury was sustained, I would think if the injury caused paralysis it would have been from whiplash, not pulling someone from the car. Unless she pulled her out by the neck or seriously contorted it in the process. Was she conscious and alert enough at the time to tell she wasn't paralyzed before her friend pulled her from the car?

Though I would have to agree with the court, that pulling someone from a car doesn't count as medical care. It's only a ruling for if a lawsuit can go forward, either way.

The woman who pulled her from the car feared the car was going to explode, that's "further injury or imminent death" but they don't report if the car did explode. There's alot more information needed: what injury caused the paralysis, how that injury was sustained, I would think if the injury caused paralysis it would have been from whiplash, not pulling someone from the car. Unless she pulled her out by the neck or seriously contorted it in the process. Was she conscious and alert enough at the time to tell she wasn't paralyzed before her friend pulled her from the car?

Though I would have to agree with the court, that pulling someone from a car doesn't count as medical care. It's only a ruling for if a lawsuit can go forward, either way.

The problem that I see from this is that the public will hear this, and it will discourage people from ever wanting to help a stranger in need. If the court ruled that due to the circumstance of the situation that the woman who pulled her friend from the car lacked the expertise knowledge of how to identify the situaion and therefore was in a position of limited options to take and chose the most logical one from what she saw, and therefore the lawsuit against her shall not go forward, then this would rest the case and secure the "Good Samaritan Law." Unfortunately, this case here proves that in the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible, all the people who passed up the traveler who was mugged were wise for not helping. The most ironical thing about that story is that the traveler was Jewish who was helped by a Samaritan, in which those two groups did not get along with each other well at all; yet, there were no repricussions against the Samaritan for helping the Jewish traveler. In this case today, it was a woman helping her friend, and now she is being sued by that "friend". This really shows how far humanity has decayed to being a species of absolute filth and rot.

Edited by serverandenforcer

What a total bitch that Van Horn woman is, she makes me want to bust her f*cking kneecaps.

The problem that I see from this is that the public will hear this, and it will discourage people from ever wanting to help a stranger in need. If the court ruled that due to the circumstance of the situation that the woman who pulled her friend from the car lacked the expertise knowledge of how to identify the situaion and therefore was in a position of limited options to take and chose the most logical one from what she saw, and therefore the lawsuit against her shall not go forward, then this would rest the case and secure the "Good Samaritan Law." Unfortunately, this case here proves that in the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible, all the people who passed up the traveler who was mugged were wise for not helping. The most ironical thing about that story is that the traveler was Jewish who was helped by a Samaritan, in which those two groups did not get along with each other well at all; yet, there were no repricussions against the Samaritan for helping the Jewish traveler. In this case today, it was a woman helping her friend, and now she is being sued by that "friend". This really shows how far humanity has decayed to being a species of absolute filth and rot.

Brilliant observation, sums it up nicely.

Fascinating. :blink:

In my country it's the other way around. If one witnesses an accident, one is legally obliged to help as much as one can.

I don't know what will become of this world if people starts suing their helpers, not to talk about their doctors (which is happening already). :dntknw:

Decay of civilisation, I say.........

I have been a military medic and have used my knowledge to help others.

If this happened to me, I think I would step in my car and pay that friend a visit.

A typical act of a selfish money-horny person who doesn't realise this lawsuit

will mean the end of people helping out strangers. I grew up NOT to be an

egocentric bastard, which brought me in the situation I am in now, but

behaviour of persons like her make good people step back and give room

to people who do not give a sh*t. And there's already lots of 'em!

Just my 2 cents...

Pitiful. Van Horn is crazy. :crazy: Hey maybe that car crash made her crazy!

Edited by Dload