Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

STRIKE FIGHTERS 2

Ohh man, 20$ for this?:/ I'll not pay 20$ for a "Vista patch":/

Ohh man, 20$ for this?:/ I'll not pay 20$ for a "Vista patch":/

Did you not read the posts in this thread? This is more than a Vista patch. Its up to you whether the enhancements are worth $20, but for those who never bought SFP1 its a nice deal.

Looks good...

this just in: "Microsoft has been unsuccessful in weaning users from Windows XP and persuading them to upgrade to Windows Vista. As of the end of November, for example, Vista's market share was 20.5%, while XP's was three times greater, accounting for 66.3% of all computers that went online during the month."

how bad does Vista suck if M$ has to admit that it sucks? have it, hate it, period...

This isn't a bash Vista thread. Let's keep on the topic at hand.

I'm guessing that the Lockheed C-130 Hercules and F-104 Starfighter were dropped from SF2 because TK would no longer have to pay Lockheed licence fees like he had to do for having them in SF1.

I'm guessing that the Lockheed C-130 Hercules and F-104 Starfighter were dropped from SF2 because TK would no longer have to pay Lockheed licence fees like he had to do for having them in SF1.

Those who have the original SFP1 can apply the current patch, which updates the F-104 flight model to current standards, and then transplant to SF2. Should be pretty easy. :good:

This is hte same prob like in the il2 series and the reason for a not included "Grumman" Avenger into the game. It`s not the plane modell it`S the name wich is under copyright and licensed. You can have a C-130 "military designation" ingame but not a Lockheed C-130 don`t know about the Name Hercules who gave it to this bird but this is the fact I know so far

This is hte same prob like in the il2 series and the reason for a not included "Grumman" Avenger into the game. It`s not the plane modell it`S the name wich is under copyright and licensed. You can have a C-130 "military designation" ingame but not a Lockheed C-130 don`t know about the Name Hercules who gave it to this bird but this is the fact I know so far

Yeah it is really incredibly frustrating because these planes were bought and paid for by the American people, and the names were assigned by the Pentagon--if anyone owns the copyright on their names, its us, not the aircraft companies.

:blink:

Those who have the original SFP1 can apply the current patch, which updates the F-104 flight model to current standards, and then transplant to SF2. Should be pretty easy. :good:

Hi C5!

I have it installed, but I can't figure out how to add objects, campaigns and terrains in this game.

The structure is all different and I tested it by adding a plane and that doesn't work.

In the basis it is very interesting 'coz there are more versions of the familiar planes.

With advice I hope to get it running in a way so that I can import all additions I have (about 80 GB...)

Someone brilliant to help me/us?

Muesli

Mh, ok you are right, you are the taxpayers! ...so why not use only the military "pentagon" designation? The company doesn`t matter (if they use such copyright politics and criple gamedevelopers) who need them? nobody....

Wish you all a nice X-mas and a lot of presents from X-man!!!!!

Where do screenshots go? Camera clicks but I can't find the folder. :dntknw:

Oh, wait. Found it. MyDocs/Thirdwire

Hi C5!

I have it installed, but I can't figure out how to add objects, campaigns and terrains in this game.

The structure is all different and I tested it by adding a plane and that doesn't work.

In the basis it is very interesting 'coz there are more versions of the familiar planes.

With advice I hope to get it running in a way so that I can import all additions I have (about 80 GB...)

Someone brilliant to help me/us?

Muesli

I don't know about the brilliant part but I will install a copy here at work so I can answer those questions.

Add-ons go into a My Documents folder BUT in options.ini there there's a line allowing to set up a different mod directory. :good:

Love new afterburners (they look cool) and new RWR. It can actually tell an air threat from a ground one like in Fubar's mod.

I'll be holding off until modularity with future content is confirmed and that everything from all the past versions work. I'll eventually get all the "new" versions so the future content (like suez and whatever he's clearly making but hasn't told us details of yet) can all fit together.

And of course how to edit where **** goes so I don't have everything in C:\my documents. Damn microsoft and their policies!

Damn microsoft and their policies!

Well, make your own rules in options.ini

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2

It would be interesting to install several of these next-gen TW sims when they're out and make one mod folder for all. Sort of merged mod install.

This really is a Xmas bargain! I find it very nice in particular to have a re-release of Strike Fighters, since that was the first Flightsim I ever bought. Since then, I must have almost anything that flies on a PC, but SF still has this special meaning to me!

The Phantoms are truly superb, and I got myself in a staggering uncontrolled spin right away, so the flight models have greatly improved.

Interested and waiting to see if WoV and WoE get any sort of similar revamp.

Anybody try out the Mercenary Campaign yet? I'd like to know if there were any changes there.

Did everyone notice that F-100D model now has a retractable tail skid? If only this truck flew as nicely as it looks...

I'd like to know if there were any changes there.

You pay for aircraft and ordnance, you get paid for completing missions and killing stuff.

I will probably wait to get this, with all the mods I have on a WOV/WOE install it seems like a shame to let them all go. I hope the mod thing is figured out. It looks really good though. And I have always wanted SF......

EDIT: LOL, wish I had read the FAQ first.........off to put cash on my debit card IN 2 FEET OF SNOW!!!! :yikes:

Edited by Sakai

...as I said a couple of days ago, if TK makes it, I'll buy it.

Bought it, installed it in my XP rig, downloaded Novembers DX 9 update, and took a Scooter for a spin. Nice cockpit... 20 bucks well spent in my book, but to my tiny mind, that's a tiny price to pay for all the enjoyment I get out of Wo*... A nice Christmas present!

SB

off to put cash on my debit card IN 2 FEET OF SNOW!!!! :yikes:

You too? I walked half an hour in -6 C and light snow and icy streets to put cash on my card and then dragged myself back.