Sign in to follow this  
slybelle

Describe Missions and Campaigns?

I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase one of these titles, but have not found much about missions and campaigns. Can someone comment on things like:

- Are campaigns and missions dynamic, or static? Is there much replay value?

- How many missions/campaigns come with the game? Are they long?

- Does missions include ground, sea, and air targets?

Anything else you think might be useful....

Campaigns are dynamic. The number of campaigns is different per each game (example Vietman has 3 campaigns (Rolling Thunder, Linebacker I, & Linebacker II) and then multiply that times the number of each different planes/squadrons that you can fly with in each campaign). The number of missions per campaign can range any where from 25 to 50 per squadron depending on how long you set your campaign to be.

As for missions, there are only 6 to 8 "fixed" missions, but totally unlimited number of game created missions that you set certain parameters for. Example is:

1. Plane you want to fly

2. Type of mission (CAS, Strike, Anti-Ship, Sweep, etc)

3. Time of Day (morning, noon, evening, etc)

4. Enemy level of AA

5. Enemy level of air activity

Yes, missions include air, sea & ground.

The really best part is all the mods (including new add on campaigns) that you can download from here at CombatAce to add to TK's base games which really makes these games virtually endless.

Campaigns are dynamic. The number of campaigns is different per each game (example Vietman has 3 campaigns (Rolling Thunder, Linebacker I, & Linebacker II) and then multiply that times the number of each different planes/squadrons that you can fly with in each campaign). The number of missions per campaign can range any where from 25 to 50 per squadron depending on how long you set your campaign to be.

As for missions, there are only 6 to 8 "fixed" missions, but totally unlimited number of game created missions that you set certain parameters for. Example is:

1. Plane you want to fly

2. Type of mission (CAS, Strike, Anti-Ship, Sweep, etc)

3. Time of Day (morning, noon, evening, etc)

4. Enemy level of AA

5. Enemy level of air activity

Yes, missions include air, sea & ground.

The really best part is all the mods (including new add on campaigns) that you can download from here at CombatAce to add to TK's base games which really makes these games virtually endless.

Just for clarification, Wings Over Vietnam does not include Anti-ship missions unless merged with Wings Over Europe. Also, Anti-ship missions are available as single missions only, and don't show up in campaigns.

Thanks for the info...any chance there is a demo out there? I would like to try it and also confirm it will run on my Vista system before considering purchasing. Looks like a very interesting game.

Strike Fighters 2 (and 1 think too) also has a dynamic Mercenary campaign in which player leads a mercenary squadron, earning cash for missions and spending it on planes and ordnance.

No demo around. :dntknw: