Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Cod Vs Mohaa...

I have MOHAA and Spearhead X pack, and recently I just saw "Breakthrough" in Best Buy. But I'm seeing the adds for CoD, and it looks cool. I got burnt out on GR and its X packs, and AA was a pain in the ass for me to find a server that worked... so that didnt last long.

Just wondering is CoD just MOHAA reincarnated or is it much better?

Can I get some opinions?

I dont know what to buy? MOHAA Breakthrough, or Call of Duty.

I can't speak for MOHAA.

I can tell you that CoD is well worth the money I spent just for it's single player ability alone. I'm not that satisfied lately with the MP side of it though. THe Deathmatches can be nothing more then a Bunnyhoping aimbot cheatin frag fest. I enjoy the Mp games that require teamwork and at least CoD offers this ability. FOr that I am grateful that I purchased the game...and I'll be playing it more and more as the MODS for it become greater and greater.

<C>

Fates

I played the demo, and I'm curious, are you actually playing as part of the red army, US Army, and I'm not sure who the other army is.

In MOHAA, your just in the US Army as kind of a Ranger/OSS operative, I have never tried MOHAA in MP... infact I'm having problems reinstalling it.

The Graphics in the Demo for CoD are better than MOHAA. 2 of the coolest things that I saw for MOHAA were the landing at Normandy (having to go from the landing craft all the way up and knock out bunkers), and in Spearhead, you parachute in. Is stuff like this in CoD?

Snapple,

Read the CoD Review : HERE

It will give you some insight as to what different characters you play, as well as explain the game better. I wish I had MOHAA in my collection so I could have done some comparison for everyone, but I'm saving my money for LOMAC. I did however buy COD, based on the great demos that they offered.

Once again, I can't speak about MOHAA, but I can say that the single player experience truely does draw you into the game. And, since it's from the same basic design team, I don't think they would have put out a new product unless they improved on

I hope the review answers some of your questions.

Cheers!!

Fates

I justed checked out your screens in the article (aswell as reading), and I believe I saw a stalingrad screen, it almost looks like the opening to enemy at the gates (coming over by boat, and forced to fight at gun point).... this is what I wanted to see.

I will probably be picking this game up very soon.

PS: the shock/concusion action in the Demo, is one of the coolest things I've have seen in a game in a long long time.

Bought it today, I am in the power house of the Dam (tells ya how long I've been playing).

Impressions... well its an FPS, and its bunny hoppin, but its on par with MOHAA, I never cared for the OSS BS of MOHAA, I will with hold final judgement on CoD until I finish... the Russian Campaign is what really caught my eye.

How you comin Snapple....enjoying the Russian campaign???

I havent had time to play... probably will tonight... I'm somewhere towards the end of the british campaign now.

Cant wait for stalingrad :unsure:

I just bought CoD last week, and man, what a blst. I was a bigtime MOHAA luver for a while b/c of the moddability, and all the different weaps that one could play with. Yet, CoD is WAY more indepth with the weaps, and I love how you can aim down the iron sights in the game. I just finished it last Monday (took about 12 hours), It's well worth the ride when you play it on Veteran or expert level. The deciding factor that made COD better than MOHAA for me was the fact that in most levels you have a strong sense of URGENCY to take a position, but you had to use a basic strategy in order to take. Reminds me of Boot Camp and Inf school:

When taking a machinegun nest, one member will crawl up underneath while the rest of the team lays down supressing fire. Then, the lone guys chucks a grenade in the hole. After that, it's gravy, the bad guys freak and run out or bumble around with the nade' and BOOM! Fun for all. I couldn't belive thought that those tacs really seemed to work for the most part in the game! I was really impressed with the entire thing, and I hope that some expansion comes out, or even a TC mod- which would be alot of fun! BTW checkout www.codfiles.com

Also: Stalingrad is one amazing level.