Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

DBS Hi res replacement tileset

DBS Hi res replacement tileset

****Hi res replacement tiles for DBS terrain v0.99b****

This is a simple repaint of tiles for DBS terrain, the reasons this is not v1.00 are following

- I am not happy with the transition from "SeaIce" to "Sea" area and need to make transition tiles to smooth it up, for that I will need original texturelist of the first DBS terrain...

- As you will notice theese tiles are done in 1024x1024, I have been making such tiles on all my recent work anyway then downsizing them to 512, after a few days if there will be enough intrest in this I will post a poll on CA to see if anybody actually notices significant enough visual improvement for me to continue with 1024 tiles, yes I need test bunnies lol

INSTALLATION:

Simply unzip into DBS terrain folder and overwrite when asked, I recommend backing it up in case you want to revert to the old ones.

NOTES ON PERFORMANCE:

I didn't expirience any performance loss even with higher resolution tiles(2048) however, mission loading times will probably increase!

Brain32,

This is outstanding work,AGAIN!Don't mind a little longer loading time either.I like,IMHO,1024x1024 scale.More to see on the longer flights.Thank you very much.

Brady

Edited by WDH

I guess I gotta check it out too..

Yah, me too!! Gotta see how the enhanced targets sit.....

Stary, PM Major Lee - he shows up every now and then, and see if he's still got the texturelist ini archived somewhere!

Wrench

kevin stein

I have Lee's DBS terrain in archive. Perhaps if you could give me the full name of the file you are looking for (is it DBS_Textures.INI?) I could fire it over to you.

Hey that's very cool, yeah it should be called something like that or (DBS_)texturelist.ini anything you have might help me a lot...