Sign in to follow this  
column5

How Southern are yew?

0% dixie, 100% Yankee, although I hate the baseball team. I am from MA and nothing can change that. when I retire I will be a relocating to the coast of NC,SC,Georgia, or FL. haven't decided yet got 18 more years.

Edited by MAKO69

0% dixie, 100% Yankee, although I hate the baseball team. I am from MA and nothing can change that. when I retire I wil be a relocating to the coast of NC,SC,Georgia, or FL. Havn't decided yet got 18 more years.

Damn, a pure-blood carpetbagger! Get him boys! :biggrin:

0% dixie, 100% Yankee, although I hate the baseball team. I am from MA and nothing can change that. when I retire I wil be a relocating to the coast of NC,SC,Georgia, or FL. Havn't decided yet got 18 more years.

I'm just 20% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

I'm really suprised it's this high.While I have met and got along with lots of southerners my attitudes to some southern "pride" quirks tends to get me in trouble.My Bronco used to have a bumpersticker that had a riped up confederate flag and sported the words "you lost get over it." I love the individuals I have met in the south not the "southern attitude" I tend to get up here from transplanted southerners.I'm sure the reverse is true for you guys in the south. :dntknw:

Guest pfunkmusik

84% Dixie. Makes sense. I'm Texan, not Southern. Whole different breed of cat.

pfunk

I'm just 20% Dixie. Wow! You are a Duke of Yankeedom!

I'm really suprised it's this high.While I have met and got along with lots of southerners my attitudes to some southern "pride" quirks tends to get me in trouble.My Bronco used to have a bumpersticker that had a riped up confederate flag and sported the words "you lost get over it." I love the individuals I have met in the south not the "southern attitude" I tend to get up here from transplanted southerners.I'm sure the reverse is true for you guys in the south. :dntknw:

My wife lived in Boone NC for 5 years if that counts. I was never stationed down south long enough to pic up any of the language accents, too busy at schools.

Edited by MAKO69

Damn, a pure-blood carpetbagger! Get him boys! :biggrin:
Carpet muncher, I think is what you mean right.

38% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

and im not even american or even been there !!!..lol

38% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

and im not even american or even been there !!!..lol

Ha, me neither.

But I do speak rather good English for one who have never been to the states or any other English speaking country.

I think MrCraig can testify since we had a chance to have a chat quite a few times over TeamSpeak.

So I guess I was an American in my previous life.

Dixie or Yankee? I Can't remember. :biggrin:

Maybe I was an Apache. :rofl:

Interesting how many Europeans qualify in the 25-50% range.

The weird thing is this goes mostly on how you say certain words or which ones you use, which really doesn't speak much to attitudes and THAT is usually the defining quality of whether one is "Yankee" or "Dixie."

I am 110% Yankee, I add the 10% cause this might as well be southern Canada. In Fact, at basic in Georgia, thats where I was instructed that I was from. :no: I'm tellin ya, from my prespective, the south is a strange, wonderful place. And as far as Texans and Southerners bein a different breed of cat, ain't that the truth, lol.

92% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

And i live in Oklahoma for only a year!!!! I'm actually from Israel. What is happening to me???

100% southern Born in Augusta Georgia and Currently live in NC I am southern to the core but not redneck in anyway! In fact I hate Country music and dont even talk with an accent unless I am angry, but the odd thing is that I can do a perfect english accent and love to confuse the tourrists when i work the Italian Ice cart on the beach

92% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

And i live in Oklahoma for only a year!!!! I'm actually from Israel. What is happening to me???

Assimilation (not to be confused with ass-immolation, which is bad)

Born: East Tennessee

Retired: East Tennessee

Will Die....: East Tennessee

What part of Dixie don't Yall' understand... :glare:

SF

331KB

100% Dixie. Is General Lee your grandfather?!

Born, raised and spent most of my life in Alabama so it's fitting.

WOLF

well I broke down and took the test, I'm 100% dixie, but hey I'm just a old boy from the mountains of Va. heck I even pick a banjo.

0% Dixie. Having lived in Central NY my entire life explains quite a bit.

45% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

I went to school in Louisiana for a year. Military service, living in oil producing areas, and a more then healthy appreciation for southern and cajun chow keeps a good chunk of my vocabulary in the southeast. We are what we eat.

:ph34r: CL

45% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

I went to school in Louisiana for a year. Military service, living in oil producing areas, and a more then healthy appreciation for southern and cajun chow keeps a good chunk of my vocabulary in the southeast. We are what we eat.

"We are what we eat."

If thats the case I'm about 35% cheerleader :rolleyes:

They have me at 69%. I'm a Florida boy with much of my immediate family from the Midwest and South. With regards to what some have said about Florida not being a southern state at all, that's not quite accurate. Florida is an interesting state with a wide variety of history. Granted it contains many different peoples and life styles but so do many places. People are people. But Florida is a major cattle producer and is up there on the list of the highest producing cattle states. I think its somewhere like #13 and I think Kansas is the biggest producer. Florida is very much an agricultural state. Florida has been a cattle place for hundreds of years. There is a lot of rich cowboy culture and history hear as well as southern culture. Especially when you look at generational Floridians and those who still have ranches and farms and family that goes way back. You don't have to look hard to see it. My sister lives in a fairly small Florida town that's mainly a cattle and orange producer. It has only one highschool and her husband is the band director. Its changed too much over the years but in West Melbourne where I'm from my elmentary shool backed up to land full of cattle and horses. We've always been on ceptic system and used have our water supplied to the house by artesion well. (Which we still use for sprinklers and such. She must go deep too because our neighbor tried drilling for one and the drillers got to like 700 feet without finding any water) We never used to have central air and heat. When I was growing up our area still lent itself to where we could let our dogs out, not see them all day, then whistle them back in at night. When my Dad's side first came here it was really in the country. Wickham RD was only one lane and there were no street lights. There was only one grocery store near them that was still several miles away. (You might remember Wickham that way Jedi from when I saw when you moved here because I believe it was around the same time as my Dad's family in the early 70s). When my mom's side of the family moved here even earlier, their house which thay had built in Satellite Beach, was one of the first ones and from that house all the way to the beach was sand and scrub. Just head west on 192 and you can see cattlemen and farmers doing there thing. Just depends on where you are and where you are looking. I've been to a handful of Florida rodeos that draw contestants from all over Florida and other states. We stand at attention when the National Anthem is played, they'll pray in the name of Christ Jesus before the event, you'll find plenty of people who will look you in the eye, shake your hand, say yes mam and yes sir. You'll find a lot of hunters and fishers who enjoy the land. It just depends on where your looking. Florida has a lot of southern in her.

I moved here in 2001. It was fairly built up by that time, but it was certainly 2 lanes each way by then. :grin:

49% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

... and I'm from Germany - spent some time in Canada and trips to NYC, DC,FL, VA, SC, GA, LA and TN - but Virginia was/is my favorite!

Cheers Mo_gas

"We are what we eat."

If thats the case I'm about 35% cheerleader :rolleyes:

The other 65% ?