Sign in to follow this  
stevee620

Bombing question from a newcomer

Hi all,

I'm just starting with wings over vietnam, so this may sound like a stupid question. I've read the manual, but i just can't get my "backslash" to cycle through my air to ground weapons,.. They just dont show up. No matter how many i choose on the load out screen. I've got my settings to easy radar and such, don't know if this is relevant. Can anyone give me an idea on how i can just drop a bomb?? Baffled here,.

Thanx for your attention.

Stephen.

The first thing I would check is to make sure that your keys are properly mapped to the right funtion. You can do that trough the options selection at the title screen.

Second what sort of airplane are you flying? If you are flying something with a gun mounted inside of it, then you should see the gunsight switch from an upright to a spot a couple of inches down. That is supposed to represent setting the gun for strafing. Also if you are only loading one type of bomb (ie mk82) on all of of your pylons then the first time you select Air to Ground it will only cycle up the bombs or the gun because that is all you have loaded.

After that I can't think of anything else that might keep you from dropping bombs from the top of my head with out further information.

The first thing I would check is to make sure that your keys are properly mapped to the right funtion. You can do that trough the options selection at the title screen.

Second what sort of airplane are you flying? If you are flying something with a gun mounted inside of it, then you should see the gunsight switch from an upright to a spot a couple of inches down. That is supposed to represent setting the gun for strafing. Also if you are only loading one type of bomb (ie mk82) on all of of your pylons then the first time you select Air to Ground it will only cycle up the bombs or the gun because that is all you have loaded.

After that I can't think of anything else that might keep you from dropping bombs from the top of my head with out further information.

Hiya,

I'm using the phantom. And i've tried selecting different bombs, but none of them show up. none at all, so i will check my key mapping and let ya know, thanx.

Ste.

I think you've got it there, i looked and my key for selecting next air to ground weapon was set to #. I've not tried it yet but that must have been the problem,

Thanx again.

Ste.

I think you've got it there, i looked and my key for selecting next air to ground weapon was set to #. I've not tried it yet but that must have been the problem,

Thanx again.

Ste.

It works better if you map it to one of your flight stick buttons I use the Attack 3 and ive mapped the select weapons to button 4 and 5 Edited by Viper6

It works better if you map it to one of your flight stick buttons I use the Attack 3 and ive mapped the select weapons to button 4 and 5

Best way to go about it really. On my stick one button is for air to air, another is for air to ground. Beats the heck out of having to hit a key at a crucial moment.

Best way to go about it really. On my stick one button is for air to air, another is for air to ground. Beats the heck out of having to hit a key at a crucial moment.
That's for darn sure :good: