Sign in to follow this  
AJAY67

Little Help Needed Please

Hi community,

I'd like a little help with a few "issues" with my modding the sim (WOE) if you will. I have installed all of the latest patches and updates, I've got a fairly capable system, but I've been getting some really weird issues;

1. Some aircraft (YF-23 as example) start a takeoff roll, and then their canopies open, at speed. I have been unable to close this even after re-mapping keys.

2. I have re-installed Fubars WoE Shader effects, but now have no reflections from water at all.

3. I have installed Widesky, and well, since the last patch, the sky looks "fake". Any reccomendations for sky / cloud add ons?

4. Have installed "New Forests germany" tileset, and it seems that a lot of the trees have "coulouring" missing.

5. If I run the Weapons Editor, change ANY variable at all, I find myself with no weapons at all! I have version 11_08_04.

Thanks in advance all.

Andrew.

Edited by AJTucker

1 - yeah there are a few threads on that about - may even be in the KB now - 1 way is to open the F-23_Data.ini file (found in the F-23 folder) in Notepad - then find the canopy section and change

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL <-------set to this

MaxDeflection=30.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=0.3

AnimationID=3

2. is that shader mod for the latest version Oct2008?? cos if not its likely you have copied in an old ini file - which will replace the newer version unfortunately - probably best to back out that mod if you like the reflection for now until you become more familiar with things

3 and 4 - again probably mods for older versions of the game (without checking!)- however you can compare the older files with the new ini files in your game if you like and see if you can make changes to the new files (you would need to extract the relevant files with the cat extrator - which can be dl'd from here)

3 and 4 - again probably mods for older versions of the game (without checking!)- however you can compare the older files with the new ini files in your game if you like and see if you can make changes to the new files (you would need to extract the relevant files with the cat extrator - which can be dl'd from here)

MigBuster,

I took all of your advice, I uninstalled the game completely, did a registry cleanup and defragged, and then reinstalled the vanilla sim. Same problem I'm afraid, the water looks, well, like mud really, no reflections, and to put it nicely, the clouds are a joke. Jacked up my resolutions etc (have a fairly gutsy PC) and patched to the latest. So, I guess what I should ask:

1. What are the best water and cloud textures available?

2. I have Deuces Effects 1 and 2, OK to install these?

3. OK to install Widesky?

4. What is regarded as the best quality tiles for the default Germany terrain?

once again, thanks for all your help.

Andrew.

MigBuster;

Please disregard all of my previous posts above, I've gotten a handle on it all now. Many thanks.

One last question, but I don't think there is a fix as such for this though:

In game, the colours look a little "washed out" if you know what I mean. I took some screenshots, and just did a colour correction with Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite, that's all I did, a "Levels Fix". Anyway, the resultant screenies look awesome, close to photreal.

What I would like to know is if I can somehow tone that washed out look down in the sim itself. It might even be something as simple as an Nhancer profile for the game.

Any ideas?

And once again, thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Andrew.

did you create a new profile for the game in your video driver software? usually you may need to up the AA or AF settings to get a better display.

Man,

I am sorry about all of this. I just created a new profile for the sim, but don't look so good. Could you please tell me your settings, and whether you use gamma correction?

I'm off to bed, 2AM here.

Thanks again

Andrew.

Please do not post in the Knowledge Base. Thank you.