Sign in to follow this  
switch

Intro To Ifr And Basic Airmanship

Excelent presentation MrMudd.

I spend at least one hour a day with a Lo-Mac demo and I basicaly concentrate

on controlling the aircraft throughout the entire fligh envelope.

Airspeed transitions and proper trimming, stopping the roll precisely at a given

bank angle, landings, climbouts (and occasional guns kill on a Mirage :P )

Regardless of someone`s knowledge or experience - reading articles like this is

always helpfull. And of course, it brings out questions.

I do have one quick question about power settings: in RL do you use N1 RPM%

or fuel flow in PPH as primary indication. Well I know that with practice you could

probably make precise adjustment just by simply "feeling" the throttles.

Can you tell where you got the article from? I don't see it :)

Finally had a chance to read one of those articles -- F15 CAP -- It just amazes me how much multi-tasking those guys can do. (excuse my newbie ignorance, but it sounds like Mr. Mudd is a previous or current fighter jock? -- if so, which plane, which theater, time period?)

For me to get that kind of exposure where previously very little material as such is available to the general non-jet fighting crowd is absolutely fantastic. You talk about multi-tasking! You gotta love the scenario of an engine fire, too close for comfort live bogies, lead element, etc. etc. I'd have to bring half a pint of whiskey into my office everyday if I was to stop myself from pissing my pants! Unbelievable.

Thanks for the very rare look into a fighter pilot's mental and physical world Mr. Mudd -- Yes, I'm sure the fictional write ups are just that, but with the fighter verbiage, the attention to all aspects of a mission re: time, waypoints, alts, speeds, bearings, distances, weapons, etc. , it all takes me in -- hook, line and sinker.

Great stuff and keep it coming --

-- Has anyone asked for, or does a fighter's dictionary exist? Robert Shaw's book is very thorough, but you have to go digging for it. With all the quick radio banter where every other word is code, it would be nice to have a quick reference.

Thanks for the entertainment Mr. Mudd --

-- Hawkeye

i think he's prior enlisted usmc then turned officer usaf

flies 16s if I gather correctly

he's pretty mum though usually

someone correct me if I'm wrong here

First post here, and real new to flight sims. One of the reasons I registered here was to tell Mr. Mudd how incredible and invalueble his videos and written scenarios are to me. This kind of information just doesn't hardly exist on the internet, at least not in this detail. I will be very busy for a very long time just studying and practicing his tutorials. I have finally found the website with the information I was looking for, and just wanted to express a big thanks. Great job all, and Mr. Mudd, you are one of the finest assests this sim community has.

Thank you.

Indeed.. like others I am awaiting the arrival of Lomac, Mr. Mudd.. THANK YOU! for the time you invest to share this information. Incredible "Edutainment"