Sign in to follow this  
zmatt

Issue with AmericaNW terrain

I have two issues with the AmericaNW terrain. The first is that the airfields have no runways. The AI and when I'm on auto pilot end up landing by going full throttle into the Radar tower, knock the wings off and stop. The second problem is I cant seem to figure out how to switch between seasons. Every mission I have flown has so far been in the winter.

I am using WoV Oct '08 patch and I have the newest AmericaNW installed.

Have you read the entire readme that comes with it??

you're probably missing the correct cat pointer line, as evidenced by your statement of 'lacking airfields'.

Seasons are determined by 'time of year', meaning on those random, in-game generated missions, it's convcievably possible to get all one season. You just have to keep generating single missions, and WATCH the date at the top, on the hangar screen

Wrench

kevin stein

I have airfields, I lack runways. I'll check the readme. I didn't think i had to do much though most terrains you just drop in and play.

EDIT:

Ok, I found that the .ini was pointing towards the GermanyCE.cat and not the VeitnamSEA.cat. Thanks for the help.

Edited by zmatt

That's the main reason I write readmes nearly as long as "War and Peace"....so everyone can have all the instructions necessary to get the damn things up and running in just about all the sims! I (usually) try to keep the techno-babble to a minimum; sometimes I forget and go off the Experten deep end... :rolleyes:

Wrench

kevin stein

The techno babble didn't get me. This time it was a stupid mistake. the ins and outs of the game's file structure is still foreign to me. I feel more at home in Eclipse or Visual studio than a notepad document but it all comes in time.

I just noticed an interesting thing. when I make a mission, independent of the map the date is always 1/1/**. That would explain why its always dark when I fly in DBS and it is always winter in AmericaNW. But I don't know how to change it or how this came about.

You can explicitly call a specific date in a user-made mission...

This is different. I think its another setting in my options.ini. When i try to make a mission the mission generator only uses January 1st. I'm not sure how long it has been this way since until recently I flew in VeitnamSEA and the data didn't change anything.