Sign in to follow this  
Kobuspoes

How does your room looks like?

Hello everyone,

i guess the title tells you all. I was wondering how the rooms of you flight sim addicts are outfitted.

My looks still a bit childish,space-style wallpaper,getting camo wallpaper with an entire wall filled with an airplane photo.

Now,i have a desk which is actually hanging on the wall,with my computer right,in the corner,with an ''Lightning'' light right of it...you know,when you touch all the sparks goes to the point your hand is laying... then ive got my computer, and a PS2 left of it...actually my little brother is playing on it all the time :biggrin: ... and a little S-3B Viking near my keyboard,my paper Essex-Class Wannabe carrier...actually,the cannons are missing because í ran out of paper...a large green shelf with an 1:72 scale Tomcat and and 1:32 scale Panzer IV... a very large shelf with all my PC Games like Comanche 4,Wings Over Vietnam,World in Conflict,Battlestations Midway,IL-2 FB,Spore,CnC RA3 and a LOT more... and then my 2 meter tall bed,my shelf with Donald Ducks,my closet with my Buck Danny's and my book about Greek Mythology i have to read for the so-called Pre-Gymnasium,my Judo trophies (actually got 5th place everytime :haha: ) ,my clothing closet and then...the door!! oh,still got the RA3 Beta card hanging around here...

Now my question is how your rooms look like,because i guess you guys are a lot older than me,and you aircraft-geeks probably have an room dedicated to them,right?

Greets,

Kobuspoes

Edited by Kobuspoes

A mess!!!

You don't want to see it believe me. :rofl:

my room is small.. so is the desk i have for my pc

i barely have room for my Saitek X-45 and i haven't been using it like too much :/

i played EECH2 for a month after i bought my new pc and a bit lo-mac and i was done :|||

my room is smaller LOL :/

1.75 by 3.2 meters

but at least i have my own room... and it's not that bad :)

A mess!!!

You don't want to see it believe me. :rofl:

I believe you Mannie. :rofl:

I have my own room and PC too...and that own PC is very special for a kid of my age here in Holland.

Greetings Kobuspoes,

I'm posting for WDH (I'm his wife) since Brad or Brady as you all might know him.My name is Lori.WDH is in the hospital again due to continued battle with he's health.He has suffered a mild stroke on Saturday while undergoing treatments.We do look for him to recover because he is stubborn.Although it looks pretty bad now.Not able to be very understanding in his conversation or thoughts.

My husband has a hobbyist dream of a room and it contains the following;

1/32 scale die cast of F-104,JU-87 Stuka,2 P-47,2 P-40,UH-1 "HOG" (That's what he calls it,not sure?) and AH-1 Super Cobra hanging from ceiling.

1/25 scale die cast of 1967 Ford Mustang "Bullit" and 1967 Dodge R/T Charger from the movie also.7 Dale Sr. #3 cars and 1 Dale Jarrett?It's the Kermit car.

1/8 scale die cast of 1967 Pontiac GTO,1966 Chevy Nova II and 1968 Chevy Camaro.Both Chevy's painted like Jimmy Johnson's #48 NASCAR.

40 1/144 plastic models of various aircraft!

12 1/72 plastic models of more..you guessed it!AIRCRAFT!

2 1/48 scale plastic models of F-4G and F-5F.This two are he's favorite creations.

Cornered computer rollout desk.PS2 with a 31 inch screen,RCA 5.1 DTS and a customized chair (wheelchair) painted to replicate Dale Sr.'s NASCAR.

All this on 4 bookshelves,reinforced by metal rods hidden from view.Very old 50th Anniversary Air National Guard poster along with Iron Maiden of 7th son of the 7th son.

By the way,he is a neat freak and takes a least 1 hour to keep things dusted.I'll assist him on this until he chases me off.

And if I forgotten anything (as like this isn't enough!) i'll be sure to add it later.

Oh wow Lori. :blink:

I sure am sorry to hear about Brads condition.

I hope he gets well real soon.

I think it was worth a separate post and not this.

And back to the meter at hand.

I don't actually have a room of my own unless I describe the bedroom as "the room"

In fact my room is inside my laptop. :rofl:

Ow,im sorry to hear that Lori. I hope he will recover soon. And Mannie is right. I also hope everyone here at the CA has the same thoughts as me about this. Good luck,and i hope there will be some good news about him soon.

Now,back to the point.

I also describe my bedroom more as a ''room'' haha.it's very small with that idiotly large bed.

And WDH has a lot of model planes. I really would like that much... But dont got the money for it.

In my room you will see big collection of CDs-audio,movies and games.

And there is a lot of books- very many books to school, a lot of magazines and other books.

You will see a lot of models too-Mig 15 ,Mig-29C and SMT,F-16A and D, F-100,Su-15TM,L-29,MiG-21,Hawker Hunter,Mig 1.44,Su-47 all in 1:72. and more....

In my collection of games is:LOMAC,Flanker 2.5,SFG,WOV,WOE,Command and Conquer: The first decade(all CnC games to generals:zero hour)and more...

I have a home office that is pretty much divided between work and gaming. I have my flight sim rig set up with HOTAS full time and a second desk with my work PC on the other side of the room. The wall decoration is mainly aviation posters I have collected over the years. I am going to put up a couple of shelves for my die-cast aircraft collection. I work in IT and have been lucky enough to "adopt" a number of stray computers over the years so I can really dedicate my gaming rig to flight simming.

Lori, i speak for myself but i'm sure everyone is beside me on this one

when i say that i hope Brad will be okay and will come back here soon!

lots of health to him and your family and the CA family :)

My room looks great all my personal memories and gear! :good:

Lori, best wishes to Brad,

As for my room, I have a door on top of two filing cabinets which has my PC on it. Now that both kids are gone (daughter Army, son Navy) I will probably take one of thier rooms if the wife lets me to make a gaming room.

Best wishes for Brad, Lori.

As for my room... The current one, which is quite transitional is quite small and crowded with books, more books, history and military history reviews and furniture.

I had to left my former flat, that was cool and cheap and of a good size, for a smaller one this Autumn. I am on the verge on going to Paris for professionnal reasons, so I'm affraid that there I will live in something really, really small until I earn some more salary.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

All the best for Brad !!!

My room is small but densely packed with shelves with 90 Cold War jets in 1:72

including 4 NF5's, 7 F4's, 3 F15's, 2 F111's, 5 F104's, 6 F16's,3 Tornadoes, 3 F 18's, 2 A4's, 2 F8's, 5 Mirages, 2 Jaguars, 4 Drakens, 2 Viggens, 2 Harriers,a Lightning, a Buccaneer, a Tomcat, a Vigilante etc tec. and numbers of Floggers, Fishbeds and other MiG's .... Enough for a nice airshow static display back in the eighties and nineties.

In 1:32 2 F104G's, an F16, an F4F, a Mirage IIIE, a Tornado, an A4E and a MiG21 PFM. Further a few warships.

About 1.5m shelf of videos and CD's and about 35 m of books and magazines, mostly military aviation and history related, about 20 atlasses as well as books about railways and trains. Some train models too, some antique, including a live steam loco back from 1915. More than 100 unbuilt aircraft kits........ And of course the computer and a radio/cd set.

The whole thing is a modest nightmare for my wife of course but then she has her own library about trees and nature so she shouldn't complain too much.

A paradise? For me : yes, but a problem when we have to move or when I die :wheelchair: !!)

Aju,

Derk :smile:

90!? i only got one damn small 1:72 F-14,a Panzer and a few 1:32 US 82nd soldiers!

I don't have a 'room' anymore; herself downstairs was complaining that I was spending too much time in my 'room' while she was downstairs on her own watching soaps on TV - so I propose on a compromise. She eventually bought me a laptop and I brought down my 1:32 scale models of the F-15E, F-16C, F-4J (UK),A-10A (green camo) and FA-18F. Naturally the glass display case above the TV was cleared of her grandmother's fine bone china tea set in order to make way for these painstakingly constructed babies that kept me occupied a couple of years ago when I was immobilised with a back injury for ten months.

Now, she's as happy as a pig in s**t, watching stuff on TV with the same consitency as s**t; making non stop comments about what's going on in soapland - while I'm as happy as a pig in s**t, understandingly nodding my head to her comments while wearing headphones and playing TW sims :biggrin:

I don't have a 'room' anymore; herself downstairs was complaining that I was spending too much time in my 'room' while she was downstairs on her own watching soaps on TV - so I propose on a compromise. She eventually bought me a laptop and I brought down my 1:32 scale models of the F-15E, F-16C, F-4J (UK),A-10A (green camo) and FA-18F. Naturally the glass display case above the TV was cleared of her grandmother's fine bone china tea set in order to make way for these painstakingly constructed babies that kept me occupied a couple of years ago when I was immobilised with a back injury for ten months.

Now, she's as happy as a pig in s**t, watching stuff on TV with the same consitency as s**t; making non stop comments about what's going on in soapland - while I'm as happy as a pig in s**t, understandingly nodding my head to her comments while wearing headphones and playing TW sims :biggrin:

Guess we all recognise parts of your story---- :rofl::rofl::rofl: the headphones the most important items......

Aju,

Derk :wink: