Sign in to follow this  
KillerWOLF

Sidewinder precission 2 does not work in XP? :(

Recommendations on box say windows 98 only. :(

I tryed installing it today and it did not detect in when it asked me to plug it in the USB. USB works cos i even tryed plugin it to where my scanner is.

So it won't work in XP? :(

After i could not install it wnt to the store and they only have cheap ones for $19 or very expansive with force feed back. I don't want force feedback cos i want to use it for this game and wwiionline.

What to do?

have you installed XP service pack 1?if so you might contact M$ and see what they say,they might have a fix for this.

When XP was released many XP users were upset..out of the box..XP did not support MS own sticks..dunno about now..I'm still runnin 98 waitin on Saitek to get done fixin their XP drivers...that and I am building a new machine this spring

DK

I have both the percission 2 and the FF2 sticks by M$, Also running XP(P ro) and both work well.

I didnt install them using the cd that came with them, I just plugged it into a usb port and XP installed the drivers.

MS achkowledges that thier programming software will not work in XP, they also dont have plans to fix it either. There comment is XP has the device drivers built in. IF ya want to adjust the settings then the game itself has to have these types of functions built in

I too have the MS Precision 2 USB stick. I had to update my Via drivers and it worked ok for awhile, then all of a sudden it would quit. I went thru the normal tasks of re-installing drivers, etc. Only after calling MS on the issue was I told that there was a known problem with this stick and STATIC ELECTRICITY from the USB port. It was recommended to me to unplug the stick for 24 hrs. and then plug it back in.

Believe it or not, it worked.

Now I just plug it in, use it and unplug it from my USB port when I'm done flying.

If you'll notice there isn't one of those round things on the cord like most other USB devices, I guess they really are there for a purpose. :wink:

Overall the whole situation makes me mad but it's not worth my hassle to send back a $26 joystick. I'm just living with it until I can locate a Cougar setup.

Best of luck

Guest Ranger332

IF they offer the Thrustmaster pro shock2 it works fine in ww2ol and in the SFP1 only cost 30 bucks new