Hi everyone

I lost my hard drive and that means pretty much starting over again.

I used to have a TRARGET RANGE in Strike, where can I find another one to replace it and I assume it will also work in WOV.

Thanks for the help.

Dale

It sounds like you havn't even tried to look in the downloads section. Bunyap's range terrain is on page 10 of the terrains section, with enhancements by Wrench on pages 8 and 5. It took me less than 5 minutes to find them. :wink:

Note to self ... pickup and finsh creating non-functional SAM sites on the Range.....

(yes, I tried a 'smokey SAM', but it didn't work)

Wrench

kevin stein

You are correct I did't think and was in a hurry.

Sorry to take up your time.

Dale

Hey Dale,

thanks for starting this thread. I've been meaning to find and download it but it kept slipping my mind. Earlier i did and it's already bought benefits in the use of Snake eyes! :good:

Note to self ... pickup and finsh creating non-functional SAM sites on the Range.....

(yes, I tried a 'smokey SAM', but it didn't work)

Wrench

kevin stein

Quite actually I have "live" SAMs pop up occasionally cycle through, since I have a more modern timeline rather than back then... makes for some interesting practice missions...

S'truth!

I have gotten "lit up" on more than one occasion at the range. At least by the RADAR.

I usually have at least one wing-doggy and say "sic `em" as I head for the weeds. :biggrin:

It might be kind os nice to have a Red base, ewui-distant to the North for a little armed opposition on occasion. Or not, just a thought.

I will say that every new airframe I've flown since the range was released has been flown there first. Love it!

I'm sure it's easy to add, just copy and paste from any other mission, and I use the KMD for positioning. Not the greatest but it works!

Yah, there's a "drone launch facility" -- I"m not sure if I added it to the latest version (the one that here). It's a runway 3, with 'parked' drone IIRC (ok, empty SA-2 launchers :wink: )

The runway is 'deactivated', so as NOT to spawn enemy aircraft.

Guys, please check you targets.ini -- mine has a date of 5/24/08, and if TargetArea017 is present "Enemy Airfield/Drone Launchers".

If not, that means I didn't finish and upload the latest version. Which means I know what I'll be doing later this week.... :sorry:

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, I hate to admit it, but I am using the old range, as the lack of textures on some targets put me off.

Monkeyed with it for a while, back in the day, but since re-installing all to a single build, I went with the original, as it always worked fine...

spectre: which targets were missin textures? Is it on the my 'upgrade', with all the factories, train station et al ???

One of the reasons we don't have enemy aircraft is there's not place for them to spawn from. There has to be an active airfield on the Red side for bad guys to base from; which is why I deactivated the runway at the Drone Facility. Otherwise, you're indundated with MiGs (cue song: It's Raining MiGs! Halleluah!! It's Raning MiGs)

OR.....I'll have to experiment with this, and see if it work....

create a new runway, with 0 length, so perhaps parked aircraft could show up on it, but NOT be usable for Red Air basing.

I'll put THAT on the list, too....

IIRC, The Range was designed for A-G practice ONLY. One could concievibaly take the instant action mission, edit it for use over The Ranges (Blue and Red) as a "Dogfight Practice Mission", and have it as a stand-alone Single Mission. Wouldn't be any harder than the editing for creating a "period" type, like I did for the WW2 installs.

Wrench

kevin stein

We went back and forth on this dealio in the Spring, IIRC.

There were areas with parked trucks, tanks, and really cool "get a Medal of Honor" depots that had naked LODs.

I rummaged through my online content, as I recall posting some pics, but must've tidied them out of existence.

If you ever make an all-inclusive, Spectre can't possibly mess this one up install, let me know, huh? :biggrin:

Yah, there's a "drone launch facility" -- I"m not sure if I added it to the latest version (the one that here). It's a runway 3, with 'parked' drone IIRC (ok, empty SA-2 launchers :wink: )

The runway is 'deactivated', so as NOT to spawn enemy aircraft.

Guys, please check you targets.ini -- mine has a date of 5/24/08, and if TargetArea017 is present "Enemy Airfield/Drone Launchers".

If not, that means I didn't finish and upload the latest version. Which means I know what I'll be doing later this week.... :sorry:

Wrench

kevin stein

Nice, I think I have noticed that, but never seen it happen, as it would be nice to have a drone only system, but the way the game rotates, might as well deal with what is thrown at you...