Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

New Clouds And More

ok after some positive feed back and a few problems I decided to go ahead and let the WHOLE Biohaz community try them.

The known issues seem to be sky is too blue to some and very good to others,some are seeing problems with the sun as they break through the clouds during inclimate weather..others say it looks fine.if you have any problems please let me know as I'm still working on this,also let me know what video card you're using.

The changes I made were on the clouds,mostly during inclimate weather(look at the clouds and let me know what you think...I've used Deuces sky colors(Thanks Deuces),I also"worked"on the stars so be sure to try a night flight.be sure to back up your flight folder..or if you don't like them simply delete the files.

Hope yall enjoy them.

AtmoshhereV3.exe

Very nice! May be my machine but the cloud tops seem a bit blue, but I still am diggin it! ;) Second image I get some tearing, but only to the left rear of the a/c, none anywhere else. For your records :video is a GeForceFX 5900:

dagsky1.jpg

dagsky2.jpg

This is great for flying in really S****y weather. It just makes me want the A-6 all the more.

Thanks Dagger for letting me be one of the first to try it and help out. It really sets a mood . B)

Wonder why it looks different to me? interesting...gotta work on that one.I'm using a FX 5700 ultra card...

Keep the feed back coming.

Cool stuff!

The new sky colour looks good, much more like the IL2 sky colour, but the way it transitions into the horizon doesnt look so good.

new_clouds.jpg

That block of pale blue just doesnt look right to me.

Thanks

cheers

p.s Using GF2MX, but should be moving to the FX 5700 soon.

Edited by Armourdave

your right..i hadn't noticed that..another thing to keep me busy. B) sooner or later I'm going to find the combination that makes me happy. :ph34r:

Hey Dagger, atmoshpere v3 is great except I get a huge black square around the sun!

Clouds look great and I like the hues of the sky, and the sun itself looks better...but there is a black square around it.

I took a screen shot if you are interested. Let me know.

Any ideas?

Cheers

for those having the black square around sun trouble hang tight...checking.I don't have the trouble so bear with me.

Dagger-the problem appears to stem for the BlendOp values in the 2 FlareMaterial values. I was able to create the problem with your EnvSys and correct it by changing the BlendOp from

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

to

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA_ADD_DST

This was in both the

[sunFlareMaterial]

and

[TwilightSunFlareMaterial]

Thanks..wonder why some have the trouble and some don't.

Thanks, will give the edit a try.

As previously stated, I like the other changes, really improves the mood in my opinion. Did you ever use the old FS98? The sky was that wierd color only a girl could name and it certainly was not blue. SFP1 kind of gives me that feel, and your mod is much better.

By the by, the installer is a nice touch, I usually hate those things because I want to know what changed, but this one was very helpful.

Thanks for the hard work.

Cheers

Hey AD, by the by, there you go teasing me with that SEA type-Camo on your A-7 again! Not fair! <_<

Cheers

Tried edit suggested above...worked perfect. Best sky SFP1 ever had! Thanks heaps.

Cheers

@ Deuces and Dagger,

does this solve the problem with the square arrond the sun? Where exactly can I find this in SFP1?

Striker01

"Dagger-the problem appears to stem for the BlendOp values in the 2 FlareMaterial values. I was able to create the problem with your EnvSys and correct it by changing the BlendOp from

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

to

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA_ADD_DST

This was in both the

[sunFlareMaterial]

and

[TwilightSunFlareMaterial] "

yeah where do we get that A-7 USAF skin (till the release of D/E) ?

Striker the info goes into the environment ini that is included with the download...sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Squid,you can find the A-7 here at Biohaz in the download section.

that Dagger_232 ,332 was another guy...glad it works.

Striker the info goes into the environment ini that is included with the download...sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Squid,you can find the A-7 here at Biohaz in the download section.

The A-7 yes, but not the USAF skin ( i guess i am just demonstrating impatience about the D/E release :P )

I need to start reading the entire posts..my bad thought you were looking for A-7..my bad. :ph34r:

Very nice! May be my machine but the cloud tops seem a bit blue, but I still am diggin it!  ;)  Second image I get some tearing, but only to the left rear of the a/c, none anywhere else. For your records :video is a GeForceFX 5900:

dagsky1.jpg

I cant get to this level of detail with clouds when flying above the layer, either with or without this tweak :blink: I just never see that flufy layer of clouds , either in overcast or inclement :huh:

Edited by squid

i have seen that similar layer of clouds (not blueish as here as it was i guess from the stock clouds of SFP1) in other screenshots too and i cant figure out how to get that in my SFP1