Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Ejecting pilots mod v1.0 update

Ejecting pilots mod v1.0 update

Ejecting pilots mod update.

Includes new great parachute graphics by Luk1978. Thank you! Also thanks to Epizikl for additional info. Wish we could use 3D chutes.

Now you can chose one from three aircraft fire effect versions:

1 -stock Thirdwire one, with original fire and smoke materials

2 -"Enhanced Explosions 3" version

3 -napalm-like one from beta release

Also the size of chute scaled to fit the new graphics.

• Like 1

Thanks CA, people will love this !!! (and thanks for the pm's too .....)

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Thanks CA, people will love this !!! (and thanks for the pm's too .....)

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Derk, thanks for reminding me about it in the first place. One of the mods I forgot about :grandpa::crazy:

I gotta say, this is easily one of the coolest add-ons for this sim in the many years of its existence.

When I see that seat come rocketing out, and approach the `chute, it is just a "Yes!" second!

Love it a lot!

You know, I'd love to see this in game but I'm such a freakin' cool hotshot pilot I never get shot down, lol.

Seriously, great upgrade. Cheers ! :good:

You know, I'd love to see this in game but I'm such a freakin' cool hotshot pilot I never get shot down, lol.

Seriously, great upgrade. Cheers ! :good:

Syrinx, you know, it work both sides :biggrin:

I've only ever seen it happen to the enemy.

You mean it DOES happen when you bit one too?

:grin:

I like this mod! Especially when my burning aircraft go down...-I can see "my self" on parachute :cool:

This mod is a great idea :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Thanks!

Arg ! unfortunately this still doesn't work for me .. I'm not 08 patched, and my Effects folder is full of several addons. Do you guys think that it should be the reason of the malfunction ? I've already tried to install the different enhanced explosions/effects packs one by one, but without the expected result > no chute when shot.. :huh:

I must have that!

Thanks Stary!

Arg ! unfortunately this still doesn't work for me .. I'm not 08 patched, and my Effects folder is full of several addons. Do you guys think that it should be the reason of the malfunction ? I've already tried to install the different enhanced explosions/effects packs one by one, but without the expected result > no chute when shot.. :huh:

Fougamagister, you don't have to install any effectpacks, everything needed for this to work is included. Do you at leat see burning planes? Not smoking, burning. Also the guy and parachute are quite small, hard to notice from futher distance.

Here's what I only see when I shoot enemies down. I've turned around all my victims (and myself too) with free camera, still no chute .. I have to admit that it's still a mystery but I guaranty you that I'm following the instructions in the readme file.

1231432326.jpg

Here's what I only see when I shoot enemies down. I've turned around all my victims (and myself too) with free camera, still no chute .. I have to admit that it's still a mystery but I guaranty you that I'm following the instructions in the readme file.

Judging by the look of fire on the second shot, you're currently using Deuces' effect Pack #2 or 3, be sure to add this mod last, after installing other ones

I've just tried this mod on a clean parralel install, and it worked, so now I have to recover my old Effects folder without screwing everything up. Thanks again for your help !

I've just tried this mod on a clean parralel install, and it worked, so now I have to recover my old Effects folder without screwing everything up. Thanks again for your help !

:good: allways install it last after other effectpacks (of course if they have their own aircraftfireeffect.ini included) :ok:

Hey, I'm not going to run into these guys after they eject, am I? :shok:

No, you can't. It's "family-friendly" addon :yes:

Thought I followed the directions, but I still only see smoking planes - no burning. Thought I saw the little 2D guy once, but I've never seen a seat fire out of any jet.

Thought I followed the directions, but I still only see smoking planes - no burning. Thought I saw the little 2D guy once, but I've never seen a seat fire out of any jet.

They show only with burning planes, not smoking. Did you installed this effect as last one (after other effects)?

Yep. Forgot to mention, this is on WOI patched. Haven't added any effects, other than what was needed for this mod.

Stary,

I've been using this mod for a long time now in sfp1 jets and it's great - thanks.

Now I'm playing sfp1 BOB and have tried to modify it to look like a WWII pilot bailout. I have removed the code for the ejector seat fire sequence easily.

Problem is I can't seem to get the pilot to just float out of the cockpit slowly instead of shooting straight up

I assumed it was the line:

ParticleWeight=-51.00000

so have tried changing this to a positive value like 100 but the pilot still seems to shoot straight up.

Also I wanted the spite to inherit the horizontal volocity of the plane until the chute open so that it look more realistic with the pilot floating above the open cockpit as he bails out

but I cant seem to get this to work either - he and the plane part company way to quickly

I tried fiddling with the Inheritence= value but with no luck.

Can you give me any ideas as to how I can achieve these effects ? Much appreciated if possible.

Thanks,

Andy