Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

Stay safe Mannie...

With his permission, I'd like to share some of Mannie's pm's from the last few days:

Last 10 days since the starting of the operation, Hamas are launching rockets at all directions, trying to hit as much as they can. they have also started to use the more powerful and longer range Grad rockets.

On these days (and nights), sirens sounded in town got us (me,my wife and the kids) running into the MAMAD. (in house shelter.)

Explosions, some far and some a little closer didn't hit anything significant here in Yavne but never the less made us feel bad just thinking that those b******s can actually get us.

I just came back from my father in Ashdod and saw the building that was hit by a Grad rocket three days ago. just two blocks away from where my dad lives.

Well at least he's playing it cool. BTW, tomorrow its his 77th birthday

So, no politics, no discussion of the whys or wherefores of this ongoing conflict. Just a simple wish and prayer that our member and friend Mannie and his family get through it in one piece.

oh damn!

stay safe mate i hope nothing bad happen with u!

:(

Prayers going up for Mannie and his familys' safety. God bless Mannie...

Guest pfunkmusik
Prayers going up for Mannie and his familys' safety. God bless Mannie...

Amen. Here's hoping that Sarkozy and Mubarak's efforts bear good fruit.

pfunk

Man, I hope everyone stays cool and enough of the madness.

Bless ya mannie keep safe man and dont let your guard down. I hope the conflict ends soon so that you and your family are safe.

Edited by Falcon161

You and your countrymen are in our thoughts and prayers.Keep safe.We are praying that these monsters are killed before more inocents get hurt.

Be safe brother, as well as your family.

Be safe brother, as well as your family.
Keep your family and friends safe Mannie!!

LIVING IN A WAR ZONE IS DANGEROUS....BUT I WISH THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU

Mannie and I keep in touch often and his PM's from the last few days give a much much better perspective on this whole thing. One much better than the media is portraying it. You and your family stay safe Mannie.

stay safe buddy...!! hope IDF helps bring the numbers down to zero everywhere down south

i was there (Yavne) yesterday with friends, we picked up some girl on our way to the salsa club

the girl told us to open the windows so if any siren will sound so we would hear

another girl that was in the car with us was terrified...

another woman i met in the salsa club was on TV cause her buliding got hit by a rocket

i was so happy to see that she was alright...

i hope people won't lose their luck during this conflict\war

the stories you can hear are amazing...

to the safe return of all our troops there and to the safety of the people surrounding gaza!

Cheers and <S>

Guest 531_Ghost

To our brothers and sisters in Israel, keep your heads on a swivel, be safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ive been in Israel since december 27th

Here is a little insight into what its like in Israel right now. All is quiet and semi normal in the center of the country (tel-aviv area). People still go about their everyday life and children can still be seen playing outside. However only a short ride south changes the whole scenery. I was in in the Negev yesterday in the sdeboker area. Though a good 25 miles from the conflict zone I can still hear the low thuds of exploading hamas rockets. IDF planes and helicopters can be clearly seen heading to and from the area. F-15/16I usualy traveling at high speed at medium altituteds in single ship elements. Cobras and apaches can be seen often in two ship elements once again flying either to or from the area. Now as you get closer to the conflict zone things get even more chaotic. I stayed at an uncles house in settelemnt called keryat arba. A tank can be seen here and there on a trailer on the side of the road awaiting orders to deploy. Several convoys can be seen going to and fro. Smoke can now be seen clearly. Air riad sirens go off everyso often and are soon followed by the thuds of inpacting rockets.

I am now staying at ramat ha sharon about 40 minutes from Tel-Aviv. Things are still semi normal but everyone is glued to the news. My grnadmother watches the news several times a day while many radio broadcasts can be heard from withn the cars that pass by on the street.

Things arent fun here but life goes on.

Stay strong Mannie

Best wishes to all the other members who are settled near the conflict zone

Thank you for your concern friends. :good:

Its a good thing you can not see me now. (blush)

I wish all ends well.

Thanks again, and thank you Allen and Dave for your support mates.

Edited by Mannie

triplethreat, enjoy your stay in Israel... hope it will be a quiet one

and i would like to add Craig to the list of thanks and some of the old guys i know

like navychief that always support us

it's real heart warming to see the care of people here and around the world

keep it safe yourselves guys! :good:

Stay safe my friend!!!!!!!

Best wishes, Mannie, stay alive. I hope that someday you´ll never hear the air raid sirens anymore

and see the closest thing to peace as possible there

Good luck to all there. I'm hearing things are heating up to the north. and it's not global warming.

:ph34r: CL