I saw a artical that the VooDoo carried AIM-4 F & G missiles. Does anyone know how to mod the game so we can carry F & G versions?

Add SAHM to the weapons data section of the data.ini. Then you are set.

Dave, I did that, but all I can get is the AIM-4D to show up. Any ideas?

Dave, I did that, but all I can get is the AIM-4D to show up. Any ideas?

Ok then, make sure the diameter, length etc of the F and G models mirror that of the D.

If that doesn't work send me a PM and we will work this offline.

It has to do with the SpecificStationCode entry in the F-101B_DATA.INI, and the corresponding entry for the AIM-4D in WEAPONSDATA.INI. If you remove this entry from F-101B_DATA.INI you'll be able to load whatever you like given that it fits the other constraints set in F-101B_DATA.INI, and those set by time.

Since this is a "game" you can modify it to carry whatever ordnance you like, including bombs and napalm and sidewinders, but the F-101B went into ADC service armed with only TWO of the early model Falcons (AIM-4A/B/C), then the B- was dropped and the A/C model Falcons were carried until 1963-64 or so, when the C- model Falcon missile airframes were converted to D- models (which carried the advanced seker electronics of the G-model). In actual practice in the later years, only the IR AIM-4D Falcon was usually seen on the alert birds of ADC/ANG - not sure of the reason for this though.

The AIM-4E/F/G Super Falcon are physically larger and will not fit on the Voodoo - nor will they fit on the F-102A (as is often quoted in some sources). Nor will the AIM-26A/B Nuclear Falcon fit on the Voodoo (which is also quoted as in Canadian Air Force inventory - the Nuc Falcons were stockpiled in Canada per NORAD direction for use by ADC F-102As at several bases, not for use on the CF-101B).

Just so you know, Enrico was right...

Mike D.

Edited by mppd

Here is one way to add the AIM-4 F&G model to early F-101B and F-101B. I am running WOE with current weapons pack and weapons editor.

1. Download the F-106 to your desktop, there will be a separate weapon folder and F106weapon.txt folder.

2. Copy only the AIM-4F and AIM-4G weapon data to WEAPONDATA.ini, adding appropriate numbers.

3. Copy contents of weapons folder to main weapons folder.

4. Add AIM-4F and AIM-4G in weapon editor.

5. Go to specific F-101 data.ini and add \\ to the line SpecificationStationCode=AIM4 if it isn't already, so it looks like this:

[FalconStationSX]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=SEMI_RECESSED

AttachmentPosition=-0.340,3.45,-0.59

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=130

DiameterLimit=0.5

LengthLimit=2.2

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,SAHM

\\SpecificStationCode=AIM4

AttachmentType=USAF,NATO

ModelNodeName=Falcon_sx

MovingPylon=TRUE

AnimationID=9

RotatingPylon=TRUE

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.001

[FalconStationDX]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=SEMI_RECESSED

AttachmentPosition=0.340,3.45,-0.59

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=130

DiameterLimit=0.5

LengthLimit=2.2

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,SAHM

\\SpecificStationCode=AIM4

AttachmentType=USAF,NATO

ModelNodeName=Falcon_dx

MovingPylon=TRUE

AnimationID=9

RotatingPylon=TRUE

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.001

This worked for me. You can only carry AIM-4F&G on these stations, not the Genie station.