Sign in to follow this  
tagTaken2

Unhelpful warnings/Cockpit angles

Hiyo.

I've tried searching, but can't seem to find the answer to these issues:

Does anyone know which sound files are the SAM LAUNCH! ones so I can delete them? I'm so sick of hearing this...

Is there a cockpit mod available to extend the view over your shoulders? It feels like I'm blind even with the mirrors on :sorry:

Thanks for any help!

Shift+F5 gives you a full rear-facing camera.

joined jan 16, 2006 and only two posts?
The silent type :biggrin:

joined jan 16, 2006 and only two posts?

Nothing wrong with that, probably been doing the right thing and looked in the KB and did a thorough search...no need to post that way because most of the answers are already out there. :wink:

You consider the "SAM Launch" call unhelpful?

Annoying yes! But i consider long term survival withought it doubtful.

When the SAM warning comes press button R and then F4. Then you see the SAM launcher position. It very helpfull for me.

Thank you, these are very helpful replies, and I will also try the comms mod on the weekend.

I use TIR, and I was hoping to be able to look around further; but I will adjust in time.

Thank you, these are very helpful replies, and I will also try the comms mod on the weekend.

I use TIR, and I was hoping to be able to look around further; but I will adjust in time.

A long long time ago I changed my Field of View in First Eagles. I've thought of trying it in SF series, but haven't got around to it.

Here's what TK told me to do:

Each aircraft should have xxx_cockpit.ini file (you might have to extract these) that has left and right view limits listed as MaxYaw= and MinYaw=.

TK

--

You might try playing with this in SF series and let me know if it works? :wink:

A long long time ago I changed my Field of View in First Eagles. I've thought of trying it in SF series, but haven't got around to it.

Here's what TK told me to do:

Each aircraft should have xxx_cockpit.ini file (you might have to extract these) that has left and right view limits listed as MaxYaw= and MinYaw=.

TK

--

You might try playing with this in SF series and let me know if it works? :wink:

Great, thanks! :clapping:

I'd tried this earlier, was looking through cockpit files, and tried editing these values but hadn't been able to get it to work. But after reading your comment and finding it was the right values I had another try.

MaxYaw= (controls view from straight ahead to the right, higher equals further) Have this set at 252.

MinYaw= (controls view from straight ahead to the left, higher [in negative value] equals further) Have this set at -252

The error I'd made initially was not to copy the *.cockpit.ini value into the actual aircraft file- had left it where the extractor put it (because I'm clueless).

Cockpit hasn't been modeled for these angles, but I can finally see who's shooting at me. :good:

SuWEET! I'll give your values a try when I get some time!

OH and this is the first time I've managed to help anyone else out here! Though you did all the work! lol