Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Desert Storm Mod Update For Jan 2009

got it :ok:

hapens to me all the time forgot open the #### doors

Edited by cocas

the background chatter is actually what draws me to this mod.

btw, when does the ground war start? Or is the campaign a pure air offensive?

Edited by jomni

btw, when does the ground war start? Or is the campaign a pure air offensive?

Check out the README that came with the download.

Yup, it is there, and does indeed happen.

It's very cool!

I just wish the armor d00ds were as good as the ones in real life, as I have a campaign going still on 14 Apr 91. :shok:

I don't reckon "normal" length is a good choice.

Don't know if this has already been reported, but...

The AI OV-10D's just spin in circles on the runway. Tried changing the steering angle to + or - (like on the skyraiders) and it made no difference.

???

Don't know if this has already been reported, but...

The AI OV-10D's just spin in circles on the runway. Tried changing the steering angle to + or - (like on the skyraiders) and it made no difference.

???

Same with the OV-10D from the CA Download section here. Maybe replace some files from the OV-10A or the whole AC.

:ph34r: CL

How do you turn off the external red and blue description letters next to air and ground objects?

Hello,

I would like to see more different types of aircraft flying in my campaign mission....I noticed that most of the time the aircraft types that appear in large numbers most of the time are F-111, F/18A, B-52, and F-15C's. I would like to see in campaign missions more formations of A-7's, A-6's, F-16's and F-15E's flying in the airoffensive role. What should I do in the campaign.ini for this to be possible?

bigstone,

The answer to your question, and the others you have PM'ed me can be found here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=193

Primarily, increase the value "MissionRate" for the squadrons you want to see more of, and decrease it for those you want to see less of.

Thank I shall try that out. :yes:

Thank I shall try that out. :yes:

I increased A-6E and A-7E mission rates to 3.0 and no result???

Sorry to bother you with my ignorance...

I followed all the requested steps to update WOE to Operation Desert Storm...

When I click on the Campaign button, the program crashes because of an error in this file:

campaignscreen.dll

Don't know how to do... will someone could help???

Thank you in advance...

Edited by morpheus19770

I recently bought SF2 and were looking for addons when I saw this mod for WOE. I promptly installed WOE again got the mod up and running and - WOW!

Words cannot really say thanks enough for what has been put together in this one package, Everything works - the installation is really straightforward, and what I really appreciate is that no additional modding is required to get it to work. Most of my favourite aircraft are included, and although there are a few bugs here and there, it is great to see you are still supporting this mod via a patch.

Thanks again guys - you did a marvellous job with this one!

F-14A VF-14 Tophatters insignia isn't on the outside left tail.

F-14A VF-14 Tophatters insignia isn't on the outside left tail.

Thanks, I'll get it fixed.

I increased A-6E and A-7E mission rates to 3.0 and no result???

Where did you make that change? You should be changing the values to something like 30, 75, or 100.

Can you post the change you made?

Where did you make that change? You should be changing the values to something like 30, 75, or 100.

Can you post the change you made?

The campaign in SFP1 is the only stock one were TK uses the "MissionRate" variable within each squadron, as seen below. It acts as a multiple to the "NormalMisionRate" and "OffensiveMissionRate" defined at the top of the campaign _data.ini file.

2.0 gives a mission rate for that particular squadron twice that defined at the top.

I don't know if this effects AI squadrons because there's no way to tell exactly how many missions they fly, but TK does have it in the SFP1 campaign, for squadrons that are not player flyable.

It does work for the player's squadron.

[AirUnit007]

AircraftType=F-100D

UnitName=1st Special Operations Wing

ForceID=1

Nation=MERC

MercenaryUnit=TRUE

PlayerOnly=TRUE

StartingFunds=10000

DefaultTexture=USAFSilver1

BaseArea=D8 Airfield

RandomChance=100

MissionRate=1.0

MaxAircraft=16

StartAircraft=16

MaxPilots=16

StartPilots=16

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=50

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Could you also please make the strike packages(at least the first wave) begin at 2-30.

StartTime=11:20(e.g);Ive found that entry usually sets out the time of the first mission in a campaign atleast in WOI

Edited by Stick

Could you also please make the strike packages(at least the first wave) begin at 2-30.

StartTime=11:20(e.g);Ive found that entry usually sets out the time of the first mission in a campaign atleast in WOI

Yes, others have also asked for this.

Thanks, also I think we need more F-1EQ's in the air for CAP and SWEEP, or were they strike specific?

The campaign in SFP1 is the only stock one were TK uses the "MissionRate" variable within each squadron, as seen below. It acts as a multiple to the "NormalMisionRate" and "OffensiveMissionRate" defined at the top of the campaign _data.ini file.

2.0 gives a mission rate for that particular squadron twice that defined at the top.

I don't know if this effects AI squadrons because there's no way to tell exactly how many missions they fly, but TK does have it in the SFP1 campaign, for squadrons that are not player flyable.

It does work for the player's squadron.

[AirUnit007]

AircraftType=F-100D

UnitName=1st Special Operations Wing

ForceID=1

Nation=MERC

MercenaryUnit=TRUE

PlayerOnly=TRUE

StartingFunds=10000

DefaultTexture=USAFSilver1

BaseArea=D8 Airfield

RandomChance=100

MissionRate=1.0

MaxAircraft=16

StartAircraft=16

MaxPilots=16

StartPilots=16

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=50

Ahh... I did not know that was there. Good to know!

Bigstone, I would also suggest increasing the MISSIONCHANCE[xxxx]= values for the squadrons in question. It is my understanding that those numbers are the % chance the campaign engine will select that squadron when that type of mission is available.

Edited by malibu43

Is it just me or do the menus in ODS look eerily familiar lol say to the menus in a 1997 esc game called fighters anthology? BTW the mod is great its like adding a whole new game to the strike fighters series. One question tho, Will this mod be ported over to Strike Fighters 2 Europe when it comes out later this year?

Thanks

Gamma

It was made to look like Fighters Anthology, once upon a time.

There were even separate ones for USAF Fighters, USN, etc. in the series.

I forget who put it out originally, but the name Kout springs to mind. I could research it, and say for certain, but am too busy bet-testing the patch. :biggrin:

As to the SF2 Euro, I imagine it would work, but would have to be a different installer. Of course the old install to an empty folder and manually add the items

might work...