Sign in to follow this  
Anthony W.

My Whacky Fix for my last post, Can anyone explain?

We know my last topic... WoV Weapons Pack Emergency... Well, for some reason not until I installed that did I have a directory .../objects/weapons

So I deleted it and that fixed the problem, same thing in WoE, so can anyone explain that? Also, I really want some of those weapons packs, so can anyone explain what to do there?

Heh, I got this one, guys. And correct me if Im wrong.

I believe after extracting the weapons pack, you get those files you deleted. Then you got to run the weapons editor and open the weapons .ini and merge the new stuff with the original, save and close it. Viola! At least thats how I got mine to work.

Heh, I got this one, guys. And correct me if Im wrong.

I believe after extracting the weapons pack, you get those files you deleted. Then you got to run the weapons editor and open the weapons .ini and merge the new stuff with the original, save and close it. Viola! At least thats how I got mine to work.

Okay... Thats gibberish to me.... BTW, I have the latest weapon editor sitting on my desktop and it won't open, do I need to put it in a folder in my game?

Ant, got two words for you bud:

KNOWLEDGE BASE!!!

:biggrin:

Seriously though dude, just about any problems you have with the game, you'll find solutions in there. With the weapons sepecifically, look under "intermediate" and then adding weapons. The Weaps editor can be a bit iffy, but like Gwar said, run the compatibility mode under win 98, it'll work like a charm. If you're using the most up to date patches, you'll also need to use the WOI specific editor as the older ones won't work with WOI or the patches for the series that bring them all up to WOI standard.

Let us know how you go. :good: