Sign in to follow this  
Ronbo

BVR tactics

I downloaded for SFP1 2006 patch, the F15A, C and E, F14A/D along with Mig29A-G from combatace. I noticed that I cannot lock onto

the enemy jets for either, but they lock on and fire before visual range comes in. Im trying to make sense of

the displays, but I still cannot lock on with AIM 120's or russian equivalent. What is the tactics everyone uses in these instances?

what symbology am i looking for and what radar settings? The F15A seems to have the better avionics than C or E for some reason? I tried to find some posts regarding this, but nothing that i found. I understand the limitations of the Wings series around 60-70's jets, but I should still be able to pick up and fire the long range AIM 120 and similar shouldnt I?

Ron

You should be able, I have the Raptor and It works perfectly. It may depend o the plane, I downloaded an F-15E And I wasn't able to lock just select the target in the radar screen but it didn't lock on it. The F-15 C However did lock so it should be the plane's fault not the game's.

The latest patch for SFP1 is October 2008 - which is quite a different game to the 2006 version - loads of new code etc

Some of those jets may not work properly in the 2006 version - check to see what year they were made. ALso you may have ones created before better avionics were put into the games - so check for updated versions.

Patch is on here http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads.htm - but you cant really patch a game youve added mods too - so take the mods out - or start again.