As in the F-35B topic, FC is helping me out. He stated that he got it finished in MAX and has to map it this weekend. From FC:

- F/A-18F

- F/A-18G

- F/A-18E (derived from F model)

So right now, first will be the F model, with the G model behind it, and the E model, due to the fact that the fuselage has (the model) to be modified so it can be an "E" version. ETA is two weeks as usual. Yes FC has other commitments, and honestly I'm impatiently waiting for it, but we're on his schedule, not ours. Part of the reason he had to do a lot of fact finding so he can produce a good rendition. Components, especially the airbrakes need some research, but overall FC I'm sure has figured it out, so keep it to this topic, and keep Klavs81's "pure"

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks EricJ!

Honestly, I'm not as interested in the Super Hornet as EricJ is. However, he has done great work on the F-5F skins, so I'm going to make sure he gets a good product from me. Which means doing the research and getting it right to the best of my limited abilities. Yes, there is another FA-18F out there. However, nothing says there can't be more than one with the corrections the current model needs plus it's stablemates.

That's the way it works...Klavs81 has me do some work on the F-35, and in return, he's getting some awesome stuff done for me...you will see it soon.

Eric, I hope to have all 3 models to you by Monday night to start skinning. The F and G are basically done, just awaiting to finish the E model...then I'll map all 3 at once.

FC

• Thanks 1

Nice to hear progress on the other SH out there.

How I wished we could buy them as it is...in the real life.

EDIT: Wasn't it the...Saeqeh?

Edited by kct

Thanks EricJ!

Honestly, I'm not as interested in the Super Hornet as EricJ is. However, he has done great work on the F-5F skins, so I'm going to make sure he gets a good product from me. Which means doing the research and getting it right to the best of my limited abilities. Yes, there is another FA-18F out there. However, nothing says there can't be more than one with the corrections the current model needs plus it's stablemates.

That's the way it works...Klavs81 has me do some work on the F-35, and in return, he's getting some awesome stuff done for me...you will see it soon.

Eric, I hope to have all 3 models to you by Monday night to start skinning. The F and G are basically done, just awaiting to finish the E model...then I'll map all 3 at once.

FC

Now that's nice, and much appreciated! :good: As far as skinning? My outlook is getting the PSDs done, put a general skin template, and upload it. I'm not too big on doing squadrons that much, like Dave, but it'd make it easier for the community to do what it wants. Besides I have other plans in the works for this, so nothing special, just something I'd like to get back into. And yeah tripletr3at, still tracking your A-4 skin.. which really I'm waiting on WDH's status so I can finish it. So cool stuff FC!

And yes it was the Saeqeh that I helped him with. I still want to know if I need to work on the other skin I did FC, or any other ones just let me know.

I am really excited about the E. We have been lacking a single seat SH for some time now. I'm sure you guys will make a great bird. :good:

EricJ

Once you get the templates done, I can decal up a couple squadrons for the release versions if you want. I got some in mind right now. One for each version.

Cool, I don't mind, as really I like the VFA-14 Tophatters CAG for the E, and maybe..... VFA-2, those are my other two favorites, as I'm going to do mine up VFA-213 (pretty much like my sig pic), but it have no decals except for slimers and numbers maybe.

Once I get the PSDs done I'll shoot them to you.

Cool, I don't mind, as really I like the VFA-14 Tophatters CAG for the E, and maybe..... VFA-2, those are my other two favorites, as I'm going to do mine up VFA-213 (pretty much like my sig pic), but it have no decals except for slimers and numbers maybe.

Once I get the PSDs done I'll shoot them to you.

That is my goal, is to have the CAG plane then then rest. Provided decaling it doesn't kill me. :lol:

Well realistically, the tails should be it, along with the normal stuff, but the fuselage emblem? I would recommend just texture honestly. VFA-2 has changed it's painting (no more stripes near the nose, shame I liked that). SidDogg has PM'd me and I'll send him them too, but make what I'd like public so there's no overlap, but as Blackbird hinted... Some renders would be cool :good:

Well realistically, the tails should be it, along with the normal stuff, but the fuselage emblem? I would recommend just texture honestly. VFA-2 has changed it's painting (no more stripes near the nose, shame I liked that). SidDogg has PM'd me and I'll send him them too, but make what I'd like public so there's no overlap, but as Blackbird hinted... Some renders would be cool :good:

I wont know what units I am going to do until I start going through my piles of decals and or buying some online to scan.

Roger that :good:

Just got these:

post-5735-1231644755_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1231644769_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1231644810_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looking fantastic over there.

So the slimers would be made as separate decals?

Edited by kct

Actually Dave.... Can you do a VFA-32 F/A-18F first? Line bird preferably though.

And thank you......

post-5735-1231652090_thumb.jpg

This is really looking good, 2009 is da plane year!!! Why are the pylons angled like this, i know it`s in RL the same, but is it aerodynamicly more efficient?! streaming air?!

The pylons were angled due to ordnance separation problems that surfaced during flight tests. It's not aerodynamically pretty, but did the trick...

SB

I dunno... it "works" for me, the straightened pylons as such on Erwin_Hans's model just doesn't look right... But that's just me.

I dunno... it "works" for me, the straightened pylons as such on Erwin_Hans's model just doesn't look right... But that's just me.

HEY!

that's just realism for ya, man.

ain't no shame in it..... :good:

True enough, keeping it real brother! :smile:

I just asked for what it was good for ... ;-)

I sa w a vid where a Hornet droped a tank and it was ... how to explain it.. this tank ripped the hornets left wing off the fuselage

I just asked for what it was good for ... ;-)

I sa w a vid where a Hornet droped a tank and it was ... how to explain it.. this tank ripped the hornets left wing off the fuselage

reminds me of the video where an early F/A-18 dropped some kind of bomb that got trapped in some kind of turbulance and slammed into an a-4 chaseplane proceeding to rip its wing off and send the sob spining and spewing fuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLRNQrfIXc...t=1&index=3