Eric, glad you put those decals to use. She looks better than I envisioned.

You know - even though I'm going to be happy beyond words when this beauty gets released, in a way it's almost going to be a shame... this thread, outlining so many of the steps involved in creating, fixing, and tweaking, has been one of the most informative, and enjoyable strings on this board in a long time. I'm sure there's a whole pile of "lurkers" who've enjoyed the learning experience, as well as the steadily increasing anticipation of what is going to be a major release.

Keep taking your time folks... and do please take some time for yourselves. Since we can't buy you all a beer, it's the least we can do to be patient!

SB

Yes this process has been more open than others. It gives the non modders a good idea how we operate too. For every post you hsee here though there is a TON of behind the scenes stuff that most never see. Hundreds of PM's then test models etc. It's a long process.

Just the little bit I have seen from behind the scenes, its like, WOW, cause I never knew what all went on with a mod being made. And FC, ur right, this thing is HUGE, lol. Oh, FC, I have been testing still with the buddy pod, and what we talked about in PM will have to work, because I cant get it to work.

Eric, glad you put those decals to use. She looks better than I envisioned.

Oh me too, the resolution is so good for the scan that I hardly lose detail when I resize for the image map, having a 2048 x 2048 canvas makes it so much easier, and I would post a couple more WIP but this comp I'm on at the moment is not allowing thumb drives but it's just minor stuff. Tomorrow I'll post them though, and much thanks :good:

And as I said before sugarblues, keeping the community in the loop of developments is just something I like because I've gotten some valuable feedback (as well as those working on it) as far as where it has to go. Sure in a sense I have final say, but the amount of creatitivity and help has really made it worthwhile :good: But pretty much Dave has hit it on the head as far as what does go behind the scenes. There's alot of course "backtalk" but as said, it's been informative, and the advice we discuss makes it a well "run" addon, and how to get things to work given the limits we have to deal with. Overall it's been fairly smooth I would have to say, as the collection of WIP pics I have stored shows a drastic difference from the first page they were posted. I'm kinda of a rivet counter myself, even almost made FC choke me (pylons...) but I'm very comfortable with this, and barring TW issues, it's going to be pretty cool. I'd like at the last thing have a correct pit, but that's somebody to ask and to addon later. It works with the A pit very well, so we'll see for the future.

And as said, it's made me put a long term effort into a project. Sure on one hand... I wanted this for awhile, but i got a responsibility as well in all this, so it's really not "my" addon, it was the people involved who really made this work. Same thing with the MF stuff. You take that time and effort into making it a quality addon, you and the community you're "working" for appreciate it as well.

Have to say I like your step by step posting... TMF presenting nearly finished products, maybe to avoid some nitpickers and unwished comments.

I apreciate your open way to discus and explain stuff you were working on!

Thx for this nice thread!

Thanks but MF is MF, they do their business how they do it, I do it my own way :good: So it's their perogative just like it's mine.

No worries :good:

Getting closer....

post-5735-1235440134_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235440144_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235440173_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235440196_thumb.jpg

Thanks! :smile:

Finishing touches, also more "bend" in the ALE-50, which worked out pretty nice...

post-5735-1235456944_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235456955_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235456963_thumb.jpg

awesome!

i caaaaaaaaaan't wait :D

Aplaudindo.gif

Edited by Silverbolt

FC modified it to make it more "natural". But I had to pull a hard turn to get back to friendly lines, as I was just shy of an enemy airfield.

...that's gonna be a hoot!

I don't know how many ALE-50's I wrote off flying Jane's F-18 back in the day... are they "destroyable" ? Meaning - Mr. SAM can actually take out your decoy while you run away bravely ?

SB

Um... not really as far as I've been concerned. I got popped with an SA-17 yesterday, but that was direct hit (saw it in the ATFLIR window, good stuff....) to the front, so if it's been rectified with a hit box, then yeah, but so far I've tried to "break" it by having it strung out while mountain flying, and try to scrape it on a building, but then again I hadn't tried or gotten any results in that yet.

Um... not really as far as I've been concerned. I got popped with an SA-17 yesterday, but that was direct hit (saw it in the ATFLIR window, good stuff....) to the front, so if it's been rectified with a hit box, then yeah, but so far I've tried to "break" it by having it strung out while mountain flying, and try to scrape it on a building, but then again I hadn't tried or gotten any results in that yet.

I managed to break the ALE-50 while flying very low level and smacking a sand dune... it wasn't pretty. I haven't seen it break due to a missile hit yet.

I managed to break the ALE-50 while flying very low level and smacking a sand dune... it wasn't pretty. I haven't seen it break due to a missile hit yet.

I guess I'm doing something wrong, I try to break it but can't. Must be some survival instinct.....

Maybe the plane needs to take damage at the attachment point for it to break?

Not sure, as I've intentionally (kinda dumb, was in a SAM infested area of Vietnam) tried to drag it on buildings, so if Vampyre broke his, may have been the attachment point, not the ALE-50 itself.

Also left to do is FC scrubbing the data.ini's and once he okays it it'll be ready.

Should be done by the end of Saturday night. Right now, no other wrenches (no, not Wrench, The) have been thrown into the mix.

Eric, I'm assuming the last RC hasn't had any changes since upload?

FC

Other than a skin template issue, no.

Additionally, I was thinking last night that shouldn't the ALE-50 be a "component"? I would figure that would add to the hit probability of taking a missile/bullet, but not too sure on that.

Also a few pics from a carrier landing practice (which I haven't done in years) I tried last night, the non hook deployed shots are just touch and goes, and JAT81500 weeks ago said that it was easy to land this thing, and I can say I've never been too enthused about it either. However Jarhead1 gave me a few hints and well....

Also is a static aircraft (on anson2's Germany map) shot.

post-5735-1235700548_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235700555_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235700562_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235700586_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235700595_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235700605_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1235700613_thumb.jpg

Wow! This bird is well....super! :biggrin: