Okay here's the ini updates to fix the loadouts back to normal, as well as the gun fixes.  Sorry for being a bit late on this but.... here you go.  I'll upload the main files tomorrow.

INI Update 7.7z

And another fix, apparently I forgot to add the G-Limiter on the jets.... fixed as well for the Super Hornets.

INI Update 8.7z

And main files updated and cleaned up as well.

• Like 2

Added this to the Super Hornet Download information:

"IF you wish to send me any modified core files (I don't need to review skins as that doesn't affect any core files) please PM me the modified files and I will check them out. There is no exception to this policy given my attitude towards staying out of jail. I will check them out and yay or nay the decision, but if I can edit any files in order to not go to jail, I will inform you and that will be it.  I understand you may have information of a sensitive nature that you may have access to and frankly it does not belong in any files of this download. If that bothers you then please don't send me sensitive information, I think I've made it clear that I'm not going to jail in order to appease to players."

The original text seemed kinda incoherent (given I was pissed off) so made it a bit clearer.

Is there by any chance gonna be an updated CAG Co and anniversary of the VFA-103

WIP VFA-136 CAG 2011. The tail insignia looks like crap because I couldn't find any high-res shots, but everything else works:

wip125.JPG

wip126.JPG

• Like 4

Try this

make image double size....sharpen or smooth it...make large tga,and try then...sometimes scaling down horrible image makes it look sharper...

or just get a large original image to work with in the first place

Strike_Fighter_Squadron_136_(US_Navy)_insignia_2015.thumb.png.37dadee448c9d54d22bb8b8694cf02dc.png

not sure how you do it in PS, but in Gimp i would use desaturate and pick the grayscale that matches closer, along with dropping the opacity of the level, at least for the regular birds

generic question/suggestion, have you thought about doing a tga weathering pattern? make like a dozen patterns and then assign them numbers, so each bird in the squadron looks a little different. CAG bird will be pristine of course

edit: ok, in my quickie search i can see where you can get the above fine, but the unit name on he scroll is being a bitch. make your own maybe?

Edited by daddyairplanes

I'll go with the one that daddyairplanes posted. Problem is that all the decal sites (where I got that on the tail) was low res and it's easier to downsize from a huge pic (like the one that daddyairplanes posted). Besides the quality of what I have so far isn't up to anybody's standards (mine or a future user) so I'll work with the above image and get it shaped right.

As for weathering as a decal? No way, I'm not that skilled on decals and the skin is going to be of just this bird, I tend to do specific skins so this one is 100% decal free

Here's what I'm shooting for, I don't remember the date but I think it was 2011, or sometime:

090715-N-6106R-344.jpg

wip127.JPG

wip128.JPG

Unfortunately still not the right size and not the right one, I'll have to see what my Google-Fu can do.

• Like 2

aint seen an exact match(granted i spent about 5 mins looking, as opposed to the couple hours a night ive been spending hunting down Buff nose art images), but the color version should work with a bunch of PS time spent on it

my search also found an all black version of that (looked like a display from a plastic model in progress), which could also work after greying out.

time to knock the rust off them artist skills!:lol:

No I didn't, I'll see what I can do though

9 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

aint seen an exact match(granted i spent about 5 mins looking, as opposed to the couple hours a night ive been spending hunting down Buff nose art images), but the color version should work with a bunch of PS time spent on it

my search also found an all black version of that (looked like a display from a plastic model in progress), which could also work after greying out.

time to knock the rust off them artist skills!:lol:

You ain't lying at all :)

But you're right, even the official page has that image as well, and the only decal I got is low res. If I had a scanner I'd order the decal and scan it, but not going to do that, as I may have to trace it again to get it right.

Edited by EricJ

Here's it traced on, not as good but workable I guess:

wip129.JPG

wip130.JPG

Tracing Svetlin's image:

wip131.JPG

wip132.JPG

wip133.JPG

• Like 2

Good to see you getting busy again, mate!

Thanks, it is good to be back to skinning again

• Like 4

And the VFA-136 skin is in the downloads section.

• Like 2

VFA-94 CAG March 2017 WIP:

wip136.JPG

• Like 2

Finally got the VFA-94 looking somewhat right, as it's more stylized on the aircraft than the normal 9 is, but it should work:

wip139.JPG

wip140.JPG

And in the queue for download.