Lol I'd have to do an F-35C skin first, as the Marines are going for that, but interesting video nonetheless...

• Like 2

Fixed the VMFA-232 and now ready for upload.

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

keep it up and you'll be able to make a modern SF2 version of this

Nice video!

I did a quick audit of the available skins, and it looks like we would need line skins for VMFA (AW)-224, 225 and 332 to complete the USMC F/A-18D fleet.

• Thanks 1

You can scratch off -225 as I've done two skins for that squadron, the Viking heads are -225

• Like 1

Yes, and they are great skins 😀.

I was talking about line birds, not special full colour schemes.

If you did want to take on the missing squadrons and you need to me to spring for some decals to help just let me know. 

• Thanks 1

Sure as I don't have that many reference pictures currently and I can use a project to do.

Here's a start based on some decals I have lying around. Just have to find the WK and symbol that's on it and I'll be set for this bird.

wip195.jpg

Edited by EricJ

More work:

wip196.jpg

wip197.jpg

• Like 1

I found a decal sheet online which was good enough for the WK but if you're getting a decal sheet then a high res image of the shield will be great.

wip198.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great! Let me know which decal sheet you want and I'll get it. You can PM me your delivery address.

Okay, I'll send the PM 

Found a good image for the tail insignia:

wip199.jpg

The Hornet mapping isn't as good as the Super but it's pretty good, and thanks!

And fixed the tails a bit, looks better now, for a best fit

wip200.jpg

And is uploaded for download. Next is the VMFA(AW)-332 skin.

• Thanks 2

Was going through my jets (Super Hornets) and found out the Block II jets have no real radar use. Here's a hotfix to fix it until I upload a new version. This also fixes a bug with the cockpit for the F/A-18F as well when selecting weapons, you can see the RWR on the UFC panel.

BlockII_Hotix.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Your Super Hornets are really top notch content, @EricJ! By chance, have you also worked on some Arma 2/Arma 3 add-ons? I no longer play Arma, but I vaguely recall some addons.

In the future, would it be possible to create a single skin package containing all of the additional skins you've made and you're making?

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Thanks and I've done some Blackhawks and some futuristic ducted fan stuff as well as a gun pack, only for Arma 3

As for a single skin pack probably not given how infrequent I do skins for the Super Hornet and the like.

Edited by EricJ

Been working on this the past couple of days, an interpretation of the AIM-120D. Range by Wikipedia is 100 miles, but so far haven't gotten much play with it but so far my testbed, the Block II F/A-18F has yielded some good results over a Su-35 Super Flanker. Model is done by wingwiner I believe so this is his model adapted for it. I'm not sure who's model it is honestly but I believe it is, unless it was a model done by ravenclaw_007.

AIM-120D.7z

While the decals from allenbj42 come to me, I can do this bird, a "CAG" 00 bird from when VMFA-232 was on a carrier deployment. Current progress is the tail emblem so far.

img00006.JPG

• Like 3

More work, and also found the right bird for the skin, since from an only reference shot it appears to be an older version of the Hornet.

img00007.JPG

img00008.JPG

• Like 2

Uploaded and awaiting approval.

• Thanks 1