I think I'm good with it, as most of the skins are just single pieces that represent a bird that has a good Modex. Most CAG birds and the like are good to do as I don't have to worry about decals and the like, but I'll keep my options open.

• Like 1

Some more dirtying up work. It's not exact as I would like (I can only do so much with PS) but I like how it's turning out. Just have the wings and tailplanes to do and I'll try and make another Swordsman mod compatible skin for use if anybody wants to. It should be noted that the rust that's on the bottom is from pappychecksix's template and not mine, but I left it in there for looks as it looks pretty good.

img00002.JPG

img00003.JPG

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

Now THAT'S what I call dirtified

(Note to C/O; more turtle wax required at next docking area)

• Like 1

:biggrin:

It is the best that I can do, it's good enough for civilian work I guess :smile:

Anyways this is the dirtified skin for the Swordsman mod:

It's just a rough skin with decal support. If you want to make your own skin with this go ahead as usual, it's fairly dirtied up. I didn't dirty the Phoenix pallets too much (I think I know where it is at on the template) but figured that they  would be cleaner than normal. I also didn't do the nose as most are fairly clean in my pictures so didn't bother. Works ONLY wit the TW F-14A (77). Can be found under USN Weathered TPS in the skin menu.

USNGREY14.7z

Edited by EricJ
  • Thanks 1

Well, it'll be a Heather Ferris inspired scheme. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it'll look something like a Ferris scheme:

img00006.JPG

img00007.JPG

• Like 4

Current progress. I'm working on aligning the splinter on the right tailplane and the right wing, but so far as you can see it's not yet working right as per the reference photo I have of the design. And shows the wing glove winglets. The right one is thin as it should be while the left is thick. I think TK implemented it but never fully did I suppose as I never seen it come out when flying.

img00008.JPG

• Like 4

More progress. I've got the splinter on the top aligned so it looks presentable and so on, now to work on the undersides. I'm finding out that somehow or other that the mapping doesn't fit the stuff very well. Why it's not working I have no idea as it is pretty decently mapped but whatever, it looks good enough I suppose.

img00010.JPG

img00011.JPG

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

Top is finished, just have to do the bottom and she'll be ready to upload.

img00012.JPG

img00013.JPG

• Like 1

And the underside is done. I made the drop tanks the base color and didn't put any stuff on them, figuring that it probably doesn't make a difference. The glove pylons are also done in a base color since mapping is what may be sketchy. All in all it's pretty much done, and going to upload it since it's practically done.

wip293.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello, :smile:

Very interesting and beautiful skin ! :good:

After reading old aviation magazines...

In 1976-77 it seems that there were 3 F-14s wearing this type of livery : 159825, 159827 and 159831.

What do you think ?

P. :hi:

I found some photos through a Google search, and frankly Bu No's I don't know offhand, and probably would require a search. I'll see what I can do as I spotted another one, but from what I can tell all three were in VF-1 during that time (was present on two aircraft you may be referencing). I'll have to see how the TW bird handles the VF-1 logo. I was also thinking of doing a regular VF-1 scheme.

• Like 1

Also, crisisloaner did some work on the German versions of the Super Hornet. To be sure the versions being purchased will be Block III versions, but since we have no Block III (and doesn't seem to be happening for a cockpit), they'll be Block II Supers. I'm including his German versions as a "plus" to the Super Hornet SF2 pack. I figure some would like to fly German versions and wanted to include his hard work in adapting it for the German aircraft being purchased in recent times. Also included is the German Growler versions. Squadrons are what they are and may not be indicative of the future squadron use. I.e. I don't know what squadron will use them and neither does crisisloaner as he only did one squadron. It'll be uploaded in a few days as I get everything setup and fine tuned and ready for upload.

best as i can tell the straight nuclear bombers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taktisches_Luftwaffengeschwader_33

the Growlers get interesting, as wiki says these guys are primarily recon, but have operted the SEAD Tornado ECRs since 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taktisches_Luftwaffengeschwader_51

my guess is that they move to a primary SEAD role, since recce is handle by drone more and more

crisisloaner did AG51 for the regular Supers, JaboG 32 for the Growler. He even did to Marineflieger squadrons for a MFG version of the Supers, so I'm going with that. I'm not looking to make a lot of squadrons, merely making sure that everything is squared away as far as appearance. If somebody wants to make more squadrons then they can but it's not going to be inclusive, or that fleshed out.

Edited by EricJ

• Added German versions of the Super Hornets. One regular Super Hornet (AG51), a Growler version (JaboG 32), and a specific Marineflieger version with two skins. Decals come from guruu's Tornado package, and the german pilots are from someone else (I nor crisisloaner knows where they came from, but I suspect the Tornado pack mentioned). All the German work was done by crisisloaner and I merely included it for visibility.
  • Known Issue: For some reason the FA-18G SEAD loadout is missing a pylon, some kind of glitch that prevents the pylon from showing. I don't know the cause of this as everything checked out and still wondering what did this. This is a preset loadout and not from simply selecting the weapons for the pylon.

This is the changelog for version 4.5, with the inclusion of the German versions. I know that more than likely the country will take delivery of Block III versions (I don't know really which Block they'll be using) but for right now they will be Block II for now. As more information comes in and also if I get a Block III cockpit then we can see about upgrading them and so on.

• Fixed missing pylon on loadout for the FA-18G (thanks to Svetlin)
  • Added my take on the AIM-120D. Max range is 100 miles and the model and texture should be from Wingwiner and his AIM-120 model.

uploaded and waiting for approval.

In the future I want to do a Kuwaiti Super Hornet since they took delivery of it. The only issue I have is the numbering and so on. Also the shield on the fin is eluding me as I haven't found a good picture or if somebody knows a good picture so I can do a skin I'd appreciate it.

Will do.

Decided to do VFA-211 with the E version of the Super Hornet. I have stuff to do before they transitioned to the E version (when they had F/A-18Fs instead of the current E version):

img00001.JPG

• Like 2

Uploaded and awaiting approval

img00003.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kuwait WIP. I need to position the numbers but I think it's coming along okay:

img00005.JPG

img00006.JPG

• Like 2

And got the decals placed. The problem? The deployment doesn't give much info about what squadron uses what plane, so for now it's 9th Squadron, which operates C/D planes,, but given that they'll replace them with E/Fs I''ll go with that for now. As for numbers I got them placed right compared to the photo that GKABS sent me in his PM. That's it. Down the road I will add the numbers as they come out. Anyway here's the placement compared to the photo:

img00007.JPG

• Like 2

Also fixed the targeting pod station to accept the Sniper XR targeting pod. It will be included (I don't know who made it but whoever did it's included in the pack for future release) and the original ATFLIR will be still included just in case.

img00008.JPG

• Like 4

Figured out how to work the SMS page on the Supers. Managed to incorporate ravenclaw_007's B61 pack, which can be found here:

. The SMS page shows the below when loaded on the German Super Hornets. I may include it for the US Supers as I'm sure some people have modded it for nuke use:

img00002.JPG

• Like 1