Managed to tweak the ATFLIR pods to be more stable when flying, making it able to show a more stable visual feed than before. I managed to tweak some values and I like what came out of it. Here are the updated pods for now, as they'll be incorporated into a future upload.

ATFLIR.7z

- Tweaked some display items in the E and F versions, to include some weapon pack weapons.
- Fixed some entries in the German Super Hornets
- Added support for ravenclaw_007's B61 pack for all Super Hornets, you can get the pack here if interested: https://combatace.com/files/file/17361-b61-nuclear-bomb-pack/
- Fixed some missing decals on the German Super Hornets
- Tweaked the ATFLIR to be more stable when viewing it in the MFD.

• Thanks 1

of course, all that work on the German Bugs, and they go and change their minds on you :biggrin: still good for a what if tho

Yeah it does suck but oh well. If it' s more confirmed I'll probably remove them than keeping a What If. I don't know right now as I just uploaded it.

After some thought I'll remove the German Super Hornets. If you downloaded them then you have a good What If plane to mess with but there is no reason to support it after Germany's decision to go with the F-35.

Maybe set up the German Superhornets as a separate package in the What-If download section? Seems a shame to let your work go to waste.

Well the original work is done by crisisloaner so that will be probably up to him. I figured that by including his hard work into the pack it would get him some visibility. Sure I had to tweak a few things and since I figured out some stuff incorporate it. He's got my stuff I think and I still have them in my install (as mentioned don't want to get rid of the work I put into it, as well as crisisloaner) so their still there as well as in the current download.

if he isnt interested, you should consider it, with heavy credit to him

probably a third of what v2k has done the last couple years got released under my account (but his name in the title) because he did the model, then i skinned it and ini edited it.

still your baby your choice. but im not the only one that thinks its primed for what if land

Yeah I mean it's his baby really, I just included it and did some more work with it. I'd have to talk with him I suppose on what to do next. I know I'm planning on the next major update in the future to remove them though and have done so in my mod setup. But yeah we'll see.

Guys,all I did was use someone else's decals and Eric's amazing Superbugs.....feel free to do whatever you want with it and post it wherever you want , no need to credit me . Nice to give something back to all you REAL modders ! 

• Like 1

Okay then, I'll see what I can do then.

Super Hornet Pack v5.2
- Removed the German Super Hornets, as Germany went with the F-35

• Like 1

Uploaded the German Super Hornets. Should now be it's own mod rather than being part of the Super Hornet Pack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2022 at 12:02 AM, EricJ said:

Uploaded the German Super Hornets. Should now be it's own mod rather than being part of the Super Hornet Pack.

Thank you for all your work.:good:

• Like 1

No problem GKABS the same to you :drinks:

Did some research on the AESA APG-79 and pretty much the only information that came out was that the radar has a max range of 80 miles. This is a bit different from what I thought and have done some modifications for the various aircraft. Block I aircraft now have these stats:

[RadarData]
AvailableModes=SEARCH,TWS,STT,ACM,GM,TV
RangeUnit=NM
RangeSetting[1]=5
RangeSetting[2]=10
RangeSetting[3]=20
RangeSetting[4]=40
RangeSetting[5]=80
RadarPosition=
MaxElevationAngle=60
MinElevationAngle=-60
MaxAzimuthAngle=60
MinAltitude=20.0
BoresightElevation=0.0
BoresightAzimuth=0.0
ACMMaxPitchAngle=60.0
MinReturn=0.01
MinimumSpeed=25.72
SearchRange=80
SearchStrength=100
TrackRange=80
TrackStrength=100
TWSUpdateTime=0.01
AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=1.0
AcquisitionResetPosX=0.6
AcquisitionResetPosY=0.50
AcquisitionResetTime=2.0
DisplayLimitLeft=29
DisplayLimitRight=226
DisplayLimitTop=46O
DisplayLimitBottom=226

Open up the respective AVIONICS.INI and replace it with this for Block I aircraft only.

As for the Block II aircraft I gave a little enhancement in range and use this for the Block II aircraft and the EA-18G, and RAAF version to take advantage of the included AIM-120D missiles (It's a "treat"" or just something that may be real or not, I only have access to so much information, and that's mainly Wikipedia and so on:

[RadarData]
AvailableModes=SEARCH,TWS,STT,ACM,GM,TV
RangeUnit=NM
RangeSetting[1]=5
RangeSetting[2]=10
RangeSetting[3]=20
RangeSetting[4]=40
RangeSetting[5]=80
RangeSetting[6]=100
RadarPosition=
MaxElevationAngle=60
MinElevationAngle=-60
MaxAzimuthAngle=60
MinAltitude=20.0
BoresightElevation=-5.5
BoresightAzimuth=0.0
ACMMaxPitchAngle=47.0
MinReturn=0.01
MinimumSpeed=25.72
SearchRange=100
SearchStrength=170
TrackRange=100
TrackStrength=150
TWSUpdateTime=0.01
AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=2.0
AcquisitionResetPosX=0.6
AcquisitionResetPosY=0.50
AcquisitionResetTime=2.0
DisplayLimitLeft=29
DisplayLimitRight=226
DisplayLimitTop=46
DisplayLimitBottom=226

That's pretty much it. The next upload will have the adjusted radars included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You go to the top of the page and click on Downloads and go to File Categories. Once you go there click on Strike Fighters 2 and go to Add on aircraft, then 4th Gen and then US Origin and then F-18 and just scroll until you see it.

Came up with this for use on the Growler if you want the pylons to show but don't want  to load them. SImply drop in your Objects/Weapons/ folder and select "Invisible ASM" and you'll  have them to show pylons.

img00006.JPG

InvisibleASM.7z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Awaiting approval:

- Tweaked radars to Wikipedia ranges (80nm for Block I jets, and 100nm for Block II jets).
- Radar ranges for the Block IIs are a "treat" as I want the AIM-120D to be used efficiently with the radars.
- Included an "Invisible ASM" in case you want to load pylons on the Growler instead of stores. It functions
 like a bomb and you can get rid of it by going to the AG submode and "dropping" them if you don't like it on the SMS screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also something I found out when using the InvisibleASM with the Weapons Editor from Thirdwire is that it will somehow render it unusable due to the way that it's setup. So if you do use it make sure to remove the weapon from your folder and run the Weapons Editor normally.

Also in another topic I found out that I didn't upload the VFA-2 CAG jet I've had on my hard drive for years. I rectified it by uploading it and should be available after being approved.

VFA-2CAG.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Going to get around and do this one sometime, once I get more shots of the aircraft , but the two here seem good enough for now.

332604658_902223567597602_7632200186831675794_n.jpg

Vandy-1-main-copy.jpg

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 2

Here's a start. I still  have to do the bat symbol (I've progressed quite a bit since this shot)

Also, what is a good  gloss setting for planes using the TextureSet.ini? I had an old Blue Angels skin (might need to look it up) for glossy planes, but any recommendations?

img00006.JPG

Most of the body finished:

img00007.JPG

Practically done. I'll work on it tomorrow, I may try and add some names or something or leave it out.

img00008.JPG

img00009.JPG