EricJ, would it be possible to share a verison of files SHbody.jpg and SHWing.jpg from the USNTPS skin without the numbers 00 ot it? I would like to add these as decals and thus get all 4 aircraft represented - 00, 01, 02 and 03. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Svetlin said:

EricJ, would it be possible to share a verison of files SHbody.jpg and SHWing.jpg from the USNTPS skin without the numbers 00 ot it? I would like to add these as decals and thus get all 4 aircraft represented - 00, 01, 02 and 03. Thank you in advance.

Sure, here you go!

TPSBlank.7z

• Thanks 1

Next up is a WIP  VAQ-134 CAG in May 2020:

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

• Like 3

Finished, uploading and waiting for authorization:

img00004.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Came across some EA-18G decals, and the resolution is good enough to work with. First is the replacement of the old VAQ-130 skin that was "default" for the download:

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

• Like 3

And the drop tank texture. It'll be in the next update. With FastCargo working on the 3D model stuff (I don't know how long it will take) I'm going to upload the mod with those updates so it's a more refined package and so on.

img00003.JPG

• Like 2

Just a heads up from the Thirdwire Discord. There's a dude named Gryphus who friended me and wanted to be unsuspended from here because he fucked up and probably used multiple accounts and banned from here. He may approach you if you're on  there to download files from here to him and homie don't play that as I don''t want my account banned because he can't get unsuspended.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

there's some real schmucks on the 3W discord. I mean, real shitbirds

• Like 2

Yeah, and I just met with one of them. I gave Stratos a heads-up because the guy was looking for a moderator to unban him, but after this, I doubt it'll happen, of which I don't care about.

• Haha 1

With some needed help from yakarov79:

Just awaiting approval.

• Thanks 2

This is something that I've been working on for a while, and not sure what else needs to be put in, recommendations are welcome.

Wild Weasel Techniques in SF2.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Something I just saw on Facebook. I wonder if I can get Volker to do it :biggrin::

347418802_212187624615063_3226814653867582796_n.jpg

348812648_1963555510649634_8635195079485393266_n.jpg

348663549_620088216711552_3179810652595904341_n.jpg

we've had the toilet bomb for many years FC made it for me a long time ago. It should be in one of my Skyraider skin packs

edit ----

N/M I've attached it. it dosen't have the "control fins", just the tank and bowl

ToiletBomb.7z

• Like 1

on the other hand..this toilet bomb under Hornet shows another thing...

now do not take it so seriously 

As much as this is funny (or not) this shows how 'creative' new generations are....just copy everything from parents/grandparents... and pretend it is fresh...and it is not only about the toilet bombs :boredom:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wrench said:

we've had the toilet bomb for many years FC made it for me a long time ago. It should be in one of my Skyraider skin packs

edit ----

N/M I've attached it. it dosen't have the "control fins", just the tank and bowl

ToiletBomb.7z

I have the Toilet Bomb, but this one is as yakarov pointed out, is a different one.

• Like 1

This is something I just figured out. For some reason the mission glitches and I didn't get a completion when I should. Anyway, this is to show how effective the internal jamming power and capabilities of the jammer and how it reacts to a high-threat environment (Hanoi, Vietnam, 2023) and so on:

• Like 2

VAQ-142 CAG March 2021 WIP

img00004.JPG

img00005.JPG

• Like 3

Finished, uploading soon and waiting for approval.

img00008.JPG

img00009.JPG

• Like 6

Coupi PM'd me about this and I think the work he did so far is awesome. One  of the issues I'm having with the Super Hornet Block III is the cockpit. Since Brain32 is MIA (haven't heard from him in a long time) it's kinda hard to find somebody to do a proper cockpit. Since we don't know what it looks like we can all do guesswork. The below image is what Coupi did and frankly, I like it. It makes things easier to see and make better calls (If only the Growler was getting the same treatment I'm ready for that too). Still have to do some tweaks but yeah, looks good.

img00001.JPG

• Like 7

https://thaimilitaryandasianregion.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/ea-18g-growler-electronic-attack-aircraft/

Going over this page seems like there's some stuff in the Growler community. Also I found out that the Growler is a Block II aircraft, so the names are going to change in the download for folder names and so on. This will help deconflict with other mods too in the future if you grab a lot of mods (like I don't but good to know), and the Block III is the newest version. I'm hoping to get the ALQ-214 pods installed via FastCargo for the Block III version and going to have Coupi do the cockpit...

• Like 1

One thing that is a problem (an unforseen issue) with the new cockpit is the shaders by simonmiller416. I PM'd him about it and maybe a version with less light can be made so they won't wash out the pages so much like this:

img00003.JPG

• Sad 2

Talked with simonmiller416 and the glare depends on the lighting from the cockpit mesh more or less. So right now that's a known issue with the inability to fix without Brain32 (as far as I know anyway), and he's MIA so it'll have to be something players will deal with. It's not a game-breaker but it is an issue and will be noted on the next update. Also, it seems that the US Navy finally went with the EPE engines if I read things right. So that means the Block III jets will have 20% more thrust and so on, with the same fuel burn, so nothing too bad for players. I've been flying EPE modded jets for awhile now and it makes a difference with gameplay and the like. I prefer the EPE versions and now will be a "default" thing for the jets.

Thanks to allenjb42 I now fixed the folding wing issue on my Supers. The only problem is of course the open canopies, but that's not a problem since I brought it up to FastCargo to lower the canopy. Frankly I think the wings are more important than the canopy myself.

img00002.JPG

• Like 5